just installed ipod cable

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by lancered, Nov 8, 2007.

1. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

took me no longer than 15 minutes,its sweet.if anybody was lookin into getting this,i RECOMMEND it.no more cds and skipping songs.just crystal clear music... :D

2. mks

mks Member

pics, please!!!!! is the Cable only for ipod or the general Aux cable????

3. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

hey man. question

i JUST installed this cable on monday and for some reason it sounds like SHIT. if you can imagine a three channel equalizer for a moment: it's like the highs and lows are completely cut-out, and the mids are only SLIGHTLY there.

pisses me off. i don't know what i did wrong. im thinking if i DID install it wrong why the hell is it still at least functional.

i pm'd the guy with the how to from EVOM and so far he hasn't gotten back to me.

4. lancered

i have a ipod look alike mp3 player.it has a 3.5mm input so any kind of mp3 player can work.here are a few pics.dont mind the pink mp3 its my g/fs.
    ipod003.jpg
    ipod002.jpg
    ipod001.jpg
    i know its dirty too.make sure you unscrew the screw thats in the pic.thatll let you get to another screw to take off the silver panel or C.F.Pm me if you want to know.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I believe that cable is pretty straight forward as fas connection. So by chance is the EQ setting on ur Ipod set to something wierd? I had that prob connecting to my home receiver.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

clean ur ride homie. daaaaaaaaaamn! Nice pics.

7. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

I saw some one from ebay selling the ipod cable. What's the difficulty of the install?

I almost cried man when I saw how dirty your ride was :cry: .... lol

8. lancered

do you have the mp3 players equalizer on a weird setting?i have mine on natural and it sounds perfect.did you adjust the stereos too?bass,med.treb.

9. lancered

i did get this off ebay. sorry guys its soo dirty.thanks kru about the pics.the cam costs $160.

10. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

did that. but without even connecting my iphone to my cable i can hear the noise coming from the aux channel. i don't even need my ipod to hear how crappy the aux channel is coming in. and like i said, i can HEAR the tune but it's super super low and muddled.

11. lancered

EVOLVE,i know what you are talking about.i just heard the same thing.was it real low sounding.i heard it when my mp3 player was unhooked,but then i switched to the radio and it was gone.

12. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

well the symptom you descibed is accurate (low sounding, no bass) but you apparently had better luck than i did. lol

The CD and Radio work fine. THen when i switch to AUX mode that's when i can hear that interference and clicking sound. PUtting a song on from my iphone just means the sounds comes in but at the same quality of the shitty interference i was just talking about.

Im thinking about re doing the install again but i threw away the stupid instructions. Im concerned about the three wires i had to install into the pigtail connection in the back. how do i loosen those? those seem locked in. That's the only thing i can think of. and i even adjusted my iphone AND car equalizer settings. this thing SHOULD be ready to rock and roll.

But nope....

13. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member

I don't know about you guys, but when my parents bought the GTS they didnt get the iPod cable, but it came with a VIDEO port under the climate controls, and all you do is plug in an RCA cable (whatever its called, has a red and white in and a ipod out) and set it to AUX and your good to go. I do get that staticky sound when nothings playing but when I put something on its good to go.

14. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

yea i didnt have time to tear up the interior yesterday but very soon im thinking i should just REdo the install to see what the hell i did wrong. i have an 8gig iphone rendered USELESS right now (in regards to playing mp3's)

15. spawn

spawn Well-Known Member

which cable did u buy the one that u can control ur ipod from the radio? or the one that goes where the headphones are? and how do you install it?
    cause im looking forward to getting one