Just getting started

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by GiveMeEvo, Apr 30, 2009.

1. GiveMeEvo

GiveMeEvo Active Member

so i got my lancer about 6 months ago and have been thinking about a few mods for it. i have looked into intakes and exhausts but can not decide which one is the best for the price. This brought me here and asking for your help. what is really the best intake and exhaust for the price?

2. dao.style

dao.style Well-Known Member

SRI : RRM v2, if you want CAI go with Injen
    exhaust is perference, i want to get the greddy SE, because it dosen't look like a tin can

3. 08LancerAnt

08LancerAnt Well-Known Member

I went with the k&n sri(alil too pricey) and the greddy se(which I am in love with)....I've had the works axle back and the injen cai. I love the injen cai but just couldn't get over thinking about hydrolock so I sold it...if I were you def go for the greddy se!! Intake wise cai go for injen but if I had to do it again I would go with the rrm sri..hope this helps

4. GiveMeEvo

GiveMeEvo Active Member

thanks for the info its helping alot but ive also heard about a exhaust from hks is that one worth its price?

5. kaliuv

kaliuv Well-Known Member

Personally, I think hks is too expensive for axle back. I got tsudo axle back for about $180 and it's awesome. It's not that loud, but deep sound.

6. GiveMeEvo

GiveMeEvo Active Member

the one im looking at is a cat back exhaust which is why it is a bit more expencive

7. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

I'd go with the Injen CAI. Lots of people worry about hydrolock, but thats where hydro shields and bypass valves come in handy aye?

8. GiveMeEvo

GiveMeEvo Active Member

this is true worried about that at first but after looking around that looks like what people are saying is the best and ya hydro sheild is a necessity