Jazket's Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by jazket, Jan 6, 2008.

1. jazket

jazket Well-Known Member

Hello People! :)

Thanks for allowing me to be part of your Forums :D

I just made it, I got my brand new Lancer 2008 ES :D and im exited, really!

I live down in Florida, Miami-Dade to be exact, there arent many 2008 Lancers out there so it does feel real good to see people with Civics and Mazda3 staring at me :D buahahha, lol even IS250 riders have stared at it fora while...

Well, the thing is, now I know what I got into, I have CVT (yes, my wife didnt want it stick shift cuz she doesnt really now how to drive it and we have another car so she'll be driving that one oftenly too) 152HP, brand new good smell 2008 Lancer beast. I mean the car looks just AWESOME, stands out even around A 2008 Civiv Coupe. I love the Shark-type front bumper and the Lexus-like Back.

I got it black, so it looks meaner! :D. I didnt get sunroof, they didnt have it at any dealer I went to, and I didnt get GTS cuz I couldnt afford it (my Credit is a little new so I got a high financing rate). But I do and can afford all the tune-up parts that makes an ES looks like a GTS.

There is a website where I found all factory parts for like 40-50% cheaper, if you guys dont already know it, here it is for future reference:

www.mitsubishipartspeople.com

I'm soon getting the GTS spoiler, Side skirts and the front ones, Fog lights, iPod-MP3 cables, bluetooth enabler, Silver Sill Suff plates for both front doors, stubby anntena to replace that long factory one, Chrome Exaust finish from Mitsubishi. thats about 1,000 dollars if I buy online, which Would've been about 2,000 buying it from the dealer, so my phrase for them was "yeah right!"

For example, at the Dealer Parts & Service Dept, the Exaust Finish costs 38 bucks, while at MitsubishiPartsPeople.com its only 17 bucks plus shipping (25 dollars total)... there you can do the math yourselves :D

So, I'm here to stick around and read on, and I want some help with some stuff later on if you guys are fine with giving me tips :D

I'm full of questions but I'll leave them for my next post

Thanks a lot people, and good site yall got here ;)
    Regards & God Bless!
    Jazket.

2. blacksheep818

blacksheep818 Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum and you can asked us anything we are here to help oh and post pics of your car we like pics

3. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Welcome!!!

Happy you like your car.... our lancers are one of a kind :)

as for the "beast" well, even tho it looks better than the civic si.. i suggest not trying to race it lol.... our car's only down fall is the power, especially with the CVT... 124hp to the wheel i think... the experts here like the goderator, KRU and suba can correct me....

now if you are into modding your car.. dont spend all that money to make it look stock... you can invest that money with other mods like CF hood and trunk or bumpers... or anything non stock so you can stand out even better...

or just save that money and spend it in performance mods :)

well again, happy you found us...

enjoy your stay :D

4. jazket

jazket Well-Known Member

Thanks for the welcome blacksheep, I know I cant wait to post some pictures :) Ill do soon

Hey EkToR thanks for your advices. I know what you mean, I didnt mean to call it beast as in "ubber fast and a car killer" I just think the redesign style is just outstanding seriously :D Hey I know I can't throw it next to an Si, but I never meant to say Civic Si either lol :D the regular Civic will look just fine on my rearview :p

Nah I know the car is 152 but I know it aint throwing all that just yet, Oh but i do have so many questions about performance upgrades! :D

I got some friends of mine telling me not to speed up cause its a brand new car but I've been speeding for like about 350 miles already, thats how much I got; I haven't threated him bad but I did take it to about 120 Mph on Turnpike the other day, I had a Milenia S trying tempting me and I couldnt resist... I didn't catch up but he was ony about 2 meters away from me... by then my car had 45 miles total run lol... I mean i feel bad for his MIVEC so now Im driving outthere like a lady.

I did like the Stock style on the GTS, but like you say I do want to make it look a bit different, so I also wanted to ask if there was a way I could get the Evo-looking Hood for my ES, thats one of the first things I wanted to ask... I cant put the overlays on the front bumper to make it look Evo X cuz my ES is black! unless the overlays are some dark gray that is...

So yeah :D

But I do wnat to spend the money on performance first, I find it more interesting than speding it in customizations :twisted:

5. DaytonaLancer

DaytonaLancer Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum. Your in the right place! You know you can even get discounts on parts through the supporting vendors. If im not mistaken, theres a discount code for bodykits.com too.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

welcome to the site

7. Automoglow

Automoglow Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. We are in Orlando Florida!

8. Lancer-Randy

Lancer-Randy Well-Known Member

Welcome or Bienvenidos mmmm i think i spelled it right.

9. elfy

elfy Well-Known Member

welcome and have fun

10. jazket

jazket Well-Known Member

Oh Cool! :) I'm actually going to orlando next weekend hopefully, I'ma go in my new ES :D jejeje

thanks to all :)

11. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Welcome and congrats on the 08!!! I hope you like this site, very informative and people here are more than willing to help. No matter how stupid you think it is.

12. gatzaraki

gatzaraki Well-Known Member

welcome, enjoy :D

13. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

Welcome to the Lancer Tuners Community!

14. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT!! Avoid Subawho and you will do well here.

15. midunn

midunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site :D

16. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Welcome in. Kick up your feet and relax. 8)

17. Deer_Hunter

Deer_Hunter Member

Hello !

I am happy that I was able to find a FORUM for Lancer owners. Just recently bought a GTS (got it at a very modest price and very nice rate)model with a black color, but did not opt to add anything on it except for the Tire and Rim and the Gap insurance. I thought the car looks so nice that i want to keep it for 10 years or more (just as long i dont wrecked it. LOL). The sun and sounds package is good but for additional 1,500 bucks it can go a long way to improve the interior and sound system better.

Well I live at Long Island NY and I dont see a lot of GTS compared to Civics and Mazdas. Maybe the ratio here is 50:1 that's why when I am on the road eyes are on me most especialy at the downtown avenues where most rich people would parade their luxurious cars at side street parking LoL :D.

Well I guess my next step is improving the sound system and I am planning to put in 2 18 inch KICKER subwoofs and AMPLIES. I would also like to modify the interiror speakers with the KICKER speakers.

As for the in dash CD and MP3 player, If I am going to change it, any of guys can suggest how should I go about it? I know the GTS model has its bluetooth system integrated with the stock CD/MP3 player and I dont want to mess around with it.

18. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site and enjoy your stay.

19. jazket

jazket Well-Known Member

Hey nice to see you here Deer_Hunter mate, but this is my introduction post lol :p nah jk we can share it...

Hey post pictures of your ride.. I havent posted mines yet, but i will soon too.

There's lots of information here and the m8s are real nice :) hope you enjoy your stay