I've been thinking of trade in...

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Texas Aggie, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

I've look at some different cars when I grad and I've thought about 2...the Dodge Charger R/T Daytona Edition (red) or the Chrysler 300 SRT-8 (black). The Charger SRT-8 is in the 30k range which is higher than i want. Not sure yet if I want to and I need permission...married men know what I'm talking about...LOL! :D

Of course I would buy used cause new is too much. Looking at 20k to 25k. What you guys think?

2. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Whats wrong with your Lancer? lol

3. Texas Aggie

nothing really. I really like it, but for some reason I have this urge to get an SRT-8...lol...weird

4. thetaxguy

thetaxguy Well-Known Member

Don't trade it in. I put mine in the Autotrader and it sold in a week. The stealerships will give you pennies on the dollar for your trade-in.

5. Texas Aggie

oh...by trade in I meant selling the Lancer and getting another car. I like the Charger SRT8 :D

6. LuvMyLancer

I know that feeling...everytime I see a BMW I want one but I know I can't afford it so my Lancer is gonna have to do until I win the lottery :p

The SRT-8 300 is a f-ing sweet car... test drove one once... wow.

7. Texas Aggie

yeah...that's what I keep thinking of. I guess I'm starting to see more Lancers on the road and makes me not want it as much anymore. I like cars that there are few of. Like the SRT's...don't see those around very much. Least don't and I'm always looking at cars

8. LuvMyLancer

Well, fortunately for me, there's very few Lancer's here. I think there's 4 in my city. And with mine going to be pink within the next several months, then my car will really be different.

I think you should wait it out and get a Dodge Challenger.... they're HOT!

9. Texas Aggie

oh believe me I would but I have kids so that isn't really feasible...now getting a 425HP car isn't feasible either...but its a 4-door sedan :D that's my way or reasoning...lol!

10. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

just kidding. "very single and drama free!!!!!"

Also you may want to consider insurance as well. being a graduate in a 400hp+ car may make you reconsider about your choice.

A friend of mine WANTED to get a 2 year old z06, till I told him about insurance. He just turned 22 and found out insurance will be roughly $500/month just for him.

Just something to check into.

11. LuvMyLancer

What happened to the days when ya just push the seat forward and kids climb into the back?! haha

I never plan on having kids so I'm pretty much open to any vehicle I want as long as I can afford it :p

12. HudsonFalcon

HudsonFalcon Well-Known Member

You could always trade in your kids. I hear a healthy kid can bring upwards of $10K on the black market. :wink:

13. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

Oh no, not pink!!!! PLease don't do the Mary Kay thing!! Nooooooooooooooooooo! :(

14. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

JAjajajjajjajajjajaj :lol:

15. chileanpride06

chileanpride06 Well-Known Member

you know its funny i was thinking of selling my car for similar reasons, there is just to many around....

16. Mitsu008

Mitsu008 Well-Known Member

i Myself want the new challenger i remeber when i was readin up on it b4 it came out lol

17. Texas Aggie

I thought about it...the wifey didn't think it was funny though...LOL!!!

I'm also 25yrs so insurance would be a bit lower for me.

Also, the Challenger is badass...its weird cause I've always been an import kinda person...I guess until the new Camero and Challenger started to come out. Then I started liking them and now I want to get a Charger SRT8. lol...I guess the domestics did their job :D

18. LuvMyLancer

I'm not sure what Mary Kay is but the Lancer looks pretty hot in pink :p

19. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

Hey AZN,my woman doesnt think too highly of me to just trade in my lancer neither,I tried A.T. but i didnt have much luck on there nor craigs.but im at the pont where i just want to get my dream car...here it comes.......oooooo...........oooo........STI.Im going to look at one and some other wrxs(suby dealer),cause im going to ITB this weekend,and its on the way and MAYBE just maybe ill drive one there and on the way home.and ill be SOOO HAPPYYY :wav:

20. Texas Aggie

lol...can't say I would go with an STI...but you get my drift. We shall see though.