IPOD cable questions (MMCS)

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by Tekzilla, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Tekzilla

Tekzilla Member

I have the nav system in my car and want to get the IPOD cable

Not sure if these questions have been answered already but here they are:

How does the cable connect to the MMCS, is connected directly to the back of the unit or does it have to be plugged into the RCA jacks?

Once the cable is installed, can you control your IPOD with the touch screen on the MMCS or the steering wheel buttons?

Does the MMCS display song artist/title info?

If anyone has the cable installed and it does do these things, can you post some pics of it in action?

Thanks.

2. 08GTSlancer

08GTSlancer Member

Ive got a Iphone and I just used the RCA cables to hook up to the AUX.. As far as I know you cant control the Ipod from head unit because your just using the Audio Jack on the Ipod.. Now maybe they make a cable out there to hook from the USB to the head unit then you might be able to control it.. But you just pick you song set the Volume to about medium and then control the volume with the head unit to turn it up and down..

3. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

i am ressurecting this post since i got my MMCS installed today, my questions are similar to the first post.

Can someone pin point to me where do i plug in the aux cable for the ipod? back? front? , cant seem to find it....

*note*

my can did not come with navi, i just bought it off of a member here,

4. nanonyc

nanonyc Well-Known Member