intake

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by sirelancer, Dec 29, 2007.

1. sirelancer

sirelancer Well-Known Member

planning on getting the intake for my car, but need halp deciding, anybody out their shout out some suggestions will be very helpfull

2. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

depending on wat ur looking ie SRI or CAI and price budget you can go either with

RRM SRI
    INJEN CAI
    FUJITA SRI ( don't get if u have the CVT)

people have been modifying mazda 3 intakes to fit our car

there is also a weapon r intake...but people haven't been giving good company reviews on it

3. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

Well it all depends on how much you want to spend on your car.

I first went off with the RRM SRI, and it was a good mod to the car. But there where quite a few people saying that the SRI sucks in hot air, dirty engines, and so on.

Then now I sold my RRM SRI, because there was only 1 reason. GAS. When using it, it does suck in hot air when you be using the car for a period of time. With the SRI on, it really ate up my gas, and it ate it quick. (greedy bitch... lol)

So I just put the stock air filter, and without the SRI, my gas usage seemed much better.

INJEN CAI, is what I will be getting next. I heard so much good things about this, don't get me wrong, there where a lot of good things with the SRIs. Everyone has there own opinion, likes and dislikes, so I can't say that you should go with the CAI over the SRI, or SRI over the CAI. It's basically how far you want to go with your car, performance wise.

4. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

remember SRI will help with lowend more then a CAI due to the long piping.