Intake tubing.

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by tatsujo, Oct 8, 2007.

1. tatsujo

tatsujo Well-Known Member

Is there any advantages/disadvantages in having a long tubing vs a short one? I've seen a couple intakes that wrap around the whole engine to the front.. then those like RRM which basically just bolts on to the stock.

Will there be any differences? Long vs short?

Sound? Performance? Recommended?

2. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

Tubing length doesnt matter.

What you want is a source of air away from your engine, and the tubing to stay away from your engine until the entry point. The more cool the air, the better.

SRI intakes arent really that great on our car because they are sucking in hot air that is next to the engine. The only way to make an SRI on our car worth it is to cut the hood and add a scoop. Itll draw cool air right onto the cone.

3. tatsujo

Awesome man, I just found some tubing that I think might just be my next project.

4. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

as long as your getting colder air then from your RRM intake

but the shorter it is the best

5. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

You and 5th should get together then. He is really into tubing also.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

6. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

hey when you get it done put the measurements up so we can try it ourselves okay thanks.

7. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

I did both the cai and sri on my 2g and there was a slight better difference with the cai but the sri sounded better thats all.

8. gatzaraki

gatzaraki Well-Known Member

when somebody have something concrete let me know

9. tatsujo

Definitely, I need to go make measurements on our stock fist. Maybe tuesday night or wednsday. Anyone know the opening width? 3" 2.5"? Would make it much easier. haha. 5th? :D

10. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

i went with bigger its not always better stick with the same size as the original

11. polar1120

polar1120 Well-Known Member

Yeah I originally tried a bit bigger when it tried to make one and it threw cel lights all day long.

12. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

Guys if you notice the new injen tapers in how much is a guess maybe 1/4 or around 2 to 3 mm decreasing the diameter. That increases the air flow over the sensor i figure that was why you light always went on. That is just my 2 cents.