Intake Suggestions

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Keeeent, Sep 4, 2008.

Intake?

1. RRM SRI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. INJEN CAI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

What would be better for my automatic GTS Lancer, RRM SRI or Injen CAI?

2. GTS_Lancer

GTS_Lancer Well-Known Member

Well this seems to be a bias question unless someone has facts that can compare the two. I have the injen CAI so of course i think it is better. I too have an automatic and i can definitely feel and hear a difference. Again thats just my opinion!!

3. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

I've used both. It's actually a toss-up to be honest.

No dyno's either way to prove which one is more effecient. (in head to head comparison)

and I sure as hell don't believe the #'s injen claimed with this intake in some of the Super Street and Sport Compact Car mags i've been reading lately.

4. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

/\ +1

a lot of times, its what a person can afford.

5. azn_ghetto

azn_ghetto Well-Known Member

it really depends on wht u want

a SRI or a CAI

personally id go with the SRI cause theoretically a SRI is suppose 2 give u more throttle response and a CAI should give u more higher end power

but really i think its just personal perferences

6. GTS_Rob

GTS_Rob Well-Known Member

id go with the CAI if you got the money. if you wanna save, get the V2 SRI from Road Race. i like it cuz it looks like what K&N should be making!!!

7. illdietrying

illdietrying Well-Known Member

8. Dr1fter

Dr1fter Well-Known Member

Ehh...i've seen more than a couple people post about problems they have had with there SRI but don't see any posts about CAI problems. I have Injen's CAI, and I wouldn't change it for anything. The horsepower gains between the two are minimal so at the end of the day, it's all about the sound for the most part and the CAI just sounds like pure sex 8O

9. Mitsu008

Mitsu008 Well-Known Member

get the AEM its on pre-order should take a week and a half

10. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

I have the SRI... and performance wise, i feel it. However, maybe its me, but i dont liek how it sounds. Mayeb its jsut mine. But thats my 2 cents on SRI.

Will give opinion on CAI when Dr1fter shows me his

11. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

/\ +1... so so true...when u hit about 3.5 to 4 rpm... it sounds like the engine wants to jump out the hood... its got a wonderful sound

12. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

+1