Install Of Pully

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by DVHopeful, Jul 8, 2008.

1. DVHopeful

DVHopeful Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I've had my pully for about a month now. I have yet to put it on because I'm scared to find out how much it would be to install. Could anyone give me an idea of how much I will be paying?

2. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

3. DVHopeful

if i could get to the fregin thing i would. haha. I need to invest in some tools. Thanks man

4. RALLIART

5. DVHopeful

wow, no crap...i looked under that forum too. Sorry for the stupidity

6. RALLIART

there is no such thing as a stupid question

7. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

The only stupid question is the one not asked

It is simple...22mm and brute strength.

8. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

you will need an impact wrench with 160+ torque to get the stock pulley off. Brute strength most likely won't do it for you.

9. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

brute stregnth and leverage is gold.

10. DVHopeful

I'm gonna see what Midas says. For me to get those tools may be same price, and more of a nightmare than anything. I go there a lot. So they are really good about their prices.

11. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

True the tools are expensive, but in the long run all tools will come in handy. Also if you ever need to go back to stock for some reason, you will be doubling that initial price from midas. Just something to think about.

12. bras_33

Good luck with the install

13. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

i dont trust midas no offense,but thehy tried charging my buddy for a new struts and install for $800.F*&^ that.the struts only costed him like $80 at most,the rest is just stupid ripoff.id get my own tools and know what to do if i was you.

14. bras_33

/\ a member from this site asked Midas if they can do an oil change for his lancer but the Midas tech replied, "couldnt do it because the car was soooooooo new!!!!!" WTF!!!!!

15. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

LOL randy

16. DVHopeful

Great, lol. Sounds like I'm going to have my hands full. All my buds want nothing to do with installing any parts on the engine. Maybe I'll see if anyone has that wrench to borrow it.

17. freakingwilly

freakingwilly Member

Seeing as how few places will let you rent tools, I would just buy it on a credit card, use it for what you need, then return it.

Reason for returning product: "I didn't need it. My uncle let me borrow his."

Honesty, shmonesty! The reason I say on a credit card is so that the store will credit your card back, instead of giving you store credit. :twisted: