Injen SES Aus question

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Payload, May 3, 2008.

1. Payload

Payload Well-Known Member

apparently the injen SES is for cali spec models only... does this mean it will or will not fit the Australian spec lancers.

If its not a direct bolt up what is the difference? Just so i can figure out if it will be too much trouble to get it modified if it doesnt fit.

Looks like it has all the right holes etc... although the one after the cat is further down on the original exhaust... hopefully the wire would still reach.

Also i assume that with the new cat no one is getting check engine light problems or anything like that?

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

PZEV spec not cali spec

3. Payload

ah ok so cali gets the pzev one then which the exhaust suits.. while the australian one would be like the fed spec.

Probably be a pain in the ass to have it modified... might be better off waiting for the magnaflow one to come out, hopefully that will be for the fed spec.

Well either that or get something custom made.

4. Arcanas

Arcanas Well-Known Member

...It's really not that much of a pain in the ass to get the front cut off and an extra foot of pipe welded on

5. Payload

im leaning towards just getting a custom axle back done untill some more options are released like possibly the magnaflow one. Probably attempt a works style one first to see how loud it is.

6. Arcanas

Arcanas Well-Known Member

Well, the Works style one is basically just a straight pipe with no muffler, which I had done last weekend. At idle you can't hear it, there's a nice tone when you start up and shut off, and when you press on the accelerator, it gives you a nice vocalization, but it's not loud enough to warrant a cop to pull your ass over.

I mean, hell, the guy who did mine only charged me $60 for everything. From what I'm assuming, you're paying the extra $150~ish just for the laser etched Works logo on the tip.

7. crypto

crypto Well-Known Member

the likelihood is that the magnaflow exhaust will just be an axle back. You're best option at this stage, to save money and be practical would be to get a custom header-back exhaust made.

8. Birdman11

Birdman11 Member

well the magnaflow exhaust is for sale now, its cat back aswell, i am going to be ordering it tomorrow!!!