Injen Lancer 2.4L intake coming out June 10

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by lucabrasi305, May 25, 2009.

1. lucabrasi305

lucabrasi305 Active Member

Check injen.com the first page has a list of parts coming out there are two for the ralliart also coming out on june 16 and 22

2. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

3. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

hmmmm I noticed the part # is SP1835A.
    The one on the injen website, is SP1836. Im thinking I got the wrong one. I need the 2.4L

4. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

they might have assumed the intake for the 2.0L on the 08 is the same. You might want to get that checked.

5. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

sheisse. I just emailed the website about it. Ill probably just let the package get sent back, and get a refund. *sigh* :(

6. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

Ok so suprisingly i just got a reply from the website at 11:47pm just now heres what it said:
    Hi,

Our SP1835A works on your vehicle. Injen is coming out with an SP1836 to avoid confusion.

7. Gflo412

Gflo412 Well-Known Member

i feel like thats way to much work just to avoid confusion, cant they just put a note on the other one that says "works with 2.4l 09 GTS" lol

8. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

So I picked it up today. It had on the box "2008 2.0L gts" So I called them and they said It will works fine with the 09 2.4L, its just a bracket they changed. But it will fit perfect. Hope hopefully i get some good weather soon :)

9. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

according to everything that I have heard about the 2.4l version there is going to be a difference in tubign diameters to better utilize the extra air being pulled in by the 2.4. It is NOT just a bracket change!

10. lancer0220

lancer0220 Well-Known Member

well that sucks cuz apparently you bought the 2008 2.0L one...and yes there is a change, the diameter of the pipe near the maf sensor is larger.

should have waited the 2.4L is not out yet and it supposedly according to injen is a +10hp gain over the 2.0L intake on teh 2.4L engine which gave only a mere +3hp.

11. Swamps420

Swamps420 Active Member

yep, that true the diameter is different, i was the tester car and i seen the two. you better call the vendor and have them refund you fully

12. lucabrasi305

lucabrasi305 Active Member

How is the new intake

13. Swamps420

Swamps420 Active Member

got no complaints and it runs awsome. but im running a cvt so a 5speed would make it more worth it.

14. RaceCreations

RaceCreations Member

I totaly agree, the 2.0L injen intake will fit the '09 lancer but it's not tuned for the 2.4L.. the new injen intakes have been retuned for the 2.4L.... so now you have 2 different intakes that look very simular to each other, so beware of companies saying that the '08's injen intake will work for the '09's 2.4L....

injen part number SP1835 is only for the '08 GTS
    injen part number SP1836 is only for the '09 GTS

Also, injen does NOT have a "A" in any of their part numbers, it's either "P" (Polished) or "BLK" (Black) at the end of thier normal part numbers (i.e., SP1836P = '09 GTS Polished Intake)

the 2.4L intakes produce 11HP/10TQ
    the 2.0L intakes produce 10HP/9TQ

These numbers were pulled from injen's website.