Injen high flow cat

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by BigSteve, Mar 30, 2008.

1. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

does anyone know if injen will be selling just the high flow cat from the SES header back exhaust? currently I have a custom cat back and I love it.. the only thing missing is the high flow cat..

2. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

what size piping you use?

3. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

A lot of companies sell high flow cats that are universal. Google it and you find a lot

4. totalmajor

totalmajor Well-Known Member

for waaayy cheaper
    or go to a muffler shop, that's what i would do.. thats definitely your BEST BET unless you can find somebody with a welder..

go to autozone and buy a bunch of 3'' straight pipes and mount em straight from the intake manifold or w/e
    itll sound really cool :)

5. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

/\ that would be the most ghettoest exhast on the planet.

6. totalmajor

totalmajor Well-Known Member

your better off making your own catback or whatever, it works so much better and its cheaper, and believe me, you get what you want..

For example, my friends subaru WRX just got itself (11th exhaust actually, hes in love with exhausts lol) from the turbo: 4'' straight pipes (Basically TurboXS) to 3'' pipes to 4'' exhaust tip.

He purchased most of it at autozone and spent like $100 on something thats INCREDIBLY loud (even with his cut off) and it runs 12.7's on a stock turbo.

7. BigSteve

currently i have a custom cat back.. I just need a high flow cat.

8. BigSteve

I just called a good friend of mine who owns a shop and he did my custom cat back and he said if you touch the cat converter it will void my warranty.. :-/ but just have a custom cat back is fine cause your not touching the cat converter.

9. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

yea ...usually dealerships are real anal about messing around with emisions and stuff. since I know someone is gonna bring it up, the magnusson moss act...blah blah blah.