Injen exhaust

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by LAClippers, Aug 22, 2007.

1. LAClippers

LAClippers Active Member

injen exhaust system going to production in a few months. they are just finishing up their prototype.

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info...AEM is doing the same...Clipper fan here as well!! Dont like the Fakers!!

3. ViperF16

ViperF16 Well-Known Member

in production? they've been in production for there intake for months now. how long does it take? its a simple pipe and filter.

i'm sure its more to it, but hey .... the concept is easy :)

4. bras_33

^Emissions and CARB legal is what takes it so long also.

5. ViperF16

ViperF16 Well-Known Member

hell maybe ... i'm not an expert ... but they need to hurry the hell up!

6. LAClippers

LAClippers Active Member

just got an email from injen: "No prices yet, the exhaust will be a header back because the factory cat is welded to the exhaust piping."

now i dont know much about exhaust systems, but what's the difference between all the types?

7. bras_33

^the exhaust systems provide a better flow/less restrictive of the exhaust gases from the vehicle. Some exhaust systems actually lose tq because of the flow of no back pressure. Depending on which system you get, some have stated up to 25+hp to the vehicle.

8. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Sweet.

9. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

And it will be and over priced worthless mod. Our piping is already a decent size. This exhaust a guarantee will be near $500. Buy a decent muffler and make it axel back. Thats all you need. RRM did studies with a system that was header back and with high flow cats. They say no changes in performance over the axel back. Only difference was in tone.

10. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

tusido just finished with there prototype and sent in a catback to be mass produced