Injen CAI vs. Fujita SRI: Curious

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Texas Aggie, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

2. tatsujo

tatsujo Well-Known Member

Dyno results from their respected companies are always smudged. All you really need to know between SRI and CAI is that the power you will be getting is different.

With SRI, you will get a constant, steady flow from low end to high end. With a CAI, it usually picks up at the higher end @ about 3000rpm or so on.

3. Texas Aggie

Interesting...I'm thinking a SRI would be of more benefit

4. tatsujo

tatsujo Well-Known Member

Yeah, it really depends. On our engines, you probably wont notice too much of a difference really. It's more noticeable on bigger engines, but a CAI usually id always the winner when it comes to which one creates more gain.

5. eg6motion

eg6motion Well-Known Member

CAI almost always produces more power. You can't compare 2 different dyno's but you can see the gains from both on the sites. The CAI edges out the SRI by a couple horses, however, the air temp on the Injen dyno's was much higher than that on the Fujita dyno. If they were both tested on the same dyno under the same conditions, I would expect the CAI to produce anywhere from 2-5whp more and slightly more peak torque. I prefer CAI because they are quieter and SRI's have a tendency to make people "think" they are getting loads of extra power when sometimes they lose it. Too many people get the placebo effect from added noise their new part makes.

6. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

The same can be said about CAI as well. I once had a Weapon R CAI and I lost 2.5 hp.

7. Prettyboy

Prettyboy Well-Known Member

has anyone had a problem with our car losing hp because of an sri?? just curious...because as it may have effected other cars in losing HP..ours is comp. different...and as said above they effect diff. cars diff. ways...BUT i def. agree that people are fooled by how much faster they think there cars are because of added noise (just look at 98% of people who own a honda w/a big ass chrome $40 muffler on it haha)

8. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

at least the other 2% can actually back it up with there $40 muffs.

9. angryGTS

angryGTS Well-Known Member

typically any gains you see from a simple mod like a CAI or WAI(SRI) will be small and somewhat simular(usually 1 or 2hp either way) unless the stock air intake system was so poorly designed that it was totally choking the engine of incoming air, but in some cases the stock system is apparently designed better as stated in other statements on this thread(where someone said they lost some power with a Weapon-R which was probly only on top end power???) a good air intake system wheather it is CAI or an SRI would up the HP throughout the power band, not just top end.

10. Prototype00

Prototype00 Member

Is it true that a short ram intake will give you more torque because of the consistant flow of air? can anyone enlighten me on this? thanks

11. eg6motion

eg6motion Well-Known Member

no, the CAI will provide more peak torque as well as peak hp. A SRI will however promote more low end power than a CAI generally. Meaning off the line, you may benefit more from a SRI over CAI...but this is a general statement

12. resolutionny7

resolutionny7 Well-Known Member

its really what you prefer as stated the sri will give you better low end torque the cai will give you more hp. Sri will sound better i personally prefer the sri

13. Guest

Guest Guest

injen ftw

14. Prototype00

Prototype00 Member

thanks for the input guys, ill probably be ordering the Fujita sri in a week. hopefully they have it in stock. id prefer paying low 200's then higher 300's for the injen cai. plus im also afraid of hydro-lock. i know lot of people say it shouldnt be a problem, but i dont think a few more horses will get me to risk my engine.

15. Texas Aggie

Proto: Post up your opinion and such when u get it installed. I'm thinking of going with Fujita...just deciding on what to do first

16. Prototype00

Prototype00 Member

yea will do as soon as i get the intake, which should be about a week or so if they have it in stock.

17. RMS-DIST

RMS-DIST Member

we have them instock i have sold 3 of them to members on this forum. here is the link to where the guys are talking what they bought from us
    http://lancertuners.com/modules.php?nam ... pic&t=1814
    let me know when you are ready i will take care of you

Thanks,
    Nick