Injen CAI + over 2 hours of rain....

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Subawho, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

= NO PROBLEM :lol:

For all of you who actually were worried about the rain and it was keeping you from buying a CAI...

I drove mine through constant rain for over 2 hours today without a hydro-sheild and it was no problem at all. So stop worrying and BUY THE DAMN THING :D

2. crypto

crypto Well-Known Member

good to hear 8)

3. FinestGTS

FinestGTS Well-Known Member

Thank you, i drove about an hour the other day through a massive rain storm here in jersey and no problem at all :).

when i got home tho i saw light drops of water drippin off the filter and didnt' liek that part so i said funk it and got me a blue hydro shield from P-Tuning. Just to be extra safe.

But liek subawho says stop worring and enjoy teh best intake availble :)

4. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

Yes, realize that even though there is water on the filter, it has to travel through around 2 feet of piping to get to the engine....and in that time it will dry up anyways :p

5. FinestGTS

YES SIR :), but again the hydoshield doesn't effect performance 1 bit but its just sake of mind lol

6. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

good to hear suba... I'm confident now knowing I got nothing to worry about.

7. chago

chago Active Member

hey guys do you feel a lot of difeerence in horse power with the injen CAI.
    How does the car feels now thank you

8. FinestGTS

Sorry for the harsh words but ITS FLIP'N AWESOME! srry once again its the only way i can describe. I feel way better response over my sri. and it sound so sweet!

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I have been very happy with mine.

10. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

yeah same with me. the day before i left for ireland i had to go to few stores to buys few things for the road. so it was raining hard andi didnt have my hydro shield at the time, no problems, i did insall it after it stopped raining just for extra protection.

11. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

You guys know they also sell a bypass valve for a cai?

12. kennyjai

kennyjai Well-Known Member

rain = no problem so i guess i shouldnt worry about snow? i live in canada :lol: btw happy new year all LT!!

13. Nosman

Nosman Active Member

The only problem i see with the CAI is for us Canadian with the winter . When we drive around on rainy winter days the water will freeze on the filter or the water net . I think it's easy to fix by putting a deflector beind the fogligth and the wheel whel but only on the 5 speed lancer because the CVT needs that air flow . or just remove the CAI for the winter

14. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

<3's my Injen Cold-Air.

15. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

shut up! :D

16. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

I noticed you're selling your shorty. Did you buy the Injen COld-air?

17. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

that's actually my cousins own. I sold mine already. And no I didn't buy the Injen CAI yet :(

18. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Well this thing isn't much to brag about until the engine actually climbs up the powerband. That's when this baby purrs. If/when you get it you won't be dissapointed.

19. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Can't wait to get back from France to order this along with my pulley and wait for the exhaust since I'm getting a turbo once it's out. 4 more days then I'm home.

20. Conduct

Conduct Well-Known Member

Ok, well I just barged through the rain here in LA, it was ridiculous :?

anyways, the filter was soaked via: puddles, mist from other cars and stuff

my report- As long as you arn't flooring it, and taking Super deep puddles the car in My case has been fine without a hydroshield, but I am no longer going to risk it until I get my hydroshield.