Injen CAI Install from wheel well?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by GloomyGTS, Dec 16, 2007.

1. GloomyGTS

GloomyGTS Member

I got the Injen CAI in the mail yesterday and am now sitting around waiting for the hyroshield to come before I install it. Has anyone tried to install this intake by removing the front left wheel and the black plastic shields in the wheel well? The directions from Injen say to remove the entire front bumper, but I would like to avoid that if I can.

2. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

I do remember some one saying that they didn't have to remove the front bumper to install the intake. But I might be wrong.

Congrats on getting the intake :cry:

3. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

I personally worked along side with a buddy on this one and we did not have to remove the bumper. just the passenger wheel-well.

Also Kru mentioned a method of removing the front fog-light housing and being able to install and run the intake cone from the opening of the fog light. never tried that method but it shows there are more ways to install then just removing the bumper

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Close very close and since i like u so much evolve247 im gonna clearify-lmao!

Everything is done from the DRIVERS side and you need to remove both the inner black liner and fog just in case u wanna get another angle to hold things and such.
    Injen says remover the bumper cause this way it will ensure a tight proper fit.

5. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member

Throw some pics up and possibly a video when your done with it!

6. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

passenger? dont you mean driver side?

7. Guest

Guest Guest

^ i know thats why I put it so nicely. LOL! u gotta luv the guy tho

8. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

LOL, to each is own homeboy!! jk evolve is aight :twisted: He can make one hell of a mix cd!! give that cat mucho props!!!

9. Guest

Guest Guest

^ wheres mine. i wanna cd. no good. Evolve247 show some luv dawg.

10. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Lmao nice catch! Yes Bras. I meant driver side. :p

11. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member

I make a mean mixtape :p