INJEN CAI FOR CVT

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Keeeent, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

Where can I buy it? I finally got enough, so I'm trying to find it but no luck. I was thinking about getting the K&N but idk.. I want a intake that sounds like sexxxxx

2. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

go to injen's website or just google injen intake 2008lancer

3. Keeeent

yeah, but some websites dont state if its for manuel or cvt

4. brian95638

brian95638 Well-Known Member

injen cai is for both CVT + MT .

5. Keeeent

Alright thanks. Lock it up please

6. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

the injen cai has a relocator kit for the slow cvt.

you can check the vendor list, to purchase the injen cai

if you are only going for sound, the sri will do or the drop-in filter.

7. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

I have the CAI and it sounds close to sex and leans towards the high end. The SRI from RRM, however, leans towards low end from what I've heard. As for purchasing it, talk to your local motorsports shop or a vendor such as SpeedCorps. Enjoy.

8. chileanpride06

chileanpride06 Well-Known Member

i bought mine from speedcorps. works great with my cvt and i dont have that relocator kit that was mentioned above

9. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

ya speedcorps will give u a good deal and they are very fast with everything... and if ur looking for something that sounds like sex... the injen will help but match it with the greddy exhaust and ull have sex for ur ears... trust me... even girls like it ;)

10. AutoCity

AutoCity Well-Known Member

Hey guys just wanted to let you know that we (AutoCityImports) have both the Black and Polished 08+ Lancer Injen Intakes in stock. It does fit both Auto and Manual. :D
    Link: 2008+ Lancer Injen Cold Air Intake

11. AutoCity

AutoCity Well-Known Member

oh yes...and don't forget if you order online from us type in "LANCERTUNERS" in the coupon section during checkout to save $15 off your order!

12. Hydrolikz

Hydrolikz Well-Known Member

:? Ummm... no it doesn't

13. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

It did for me and a few others.

14. Keeeent

So I finished installing the intake.. Have a before and after video, but I didn't connect me battery when I installed it... Will they'll be anything wrong with it? :(

15. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

Shouldnt be, I didnt undo my battery and took me about 30 min to install mine, $299 SHIPPED!

16. Keeeent

Took me about 2 hours.. It was a bitch taking off the bumper

17. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

I didn't take mine off, I just took some clips off my splash shield underneath and some off my fender,
    kinda a bitch and may need some help but A LOT easier then takin that s**t off

18. Keeeent

Oh, cause you don't have the GTS. For the GTS you have to relocate your oil cooler.

19. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

ya i def learned that the hard way when i was installing mine... i didnt think it was a good idea to relocate it but i did what it told me to do...

20. Hydrolikz

Hydrolikz Well-Known Member

WTF?!?!? Do you guys have different versions from the Canadian one? Me and a few others out here have installed the CAI on CVT GTS's and we didn't have to relocate anything. :?