Injen CAI Bypass Valve Question

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Oni, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

If I go with the CAI from injen, which size bypass valve should I get from AEM. All I keep finding are dyno sheets, no info on pipe sizings.

2. totalmajor

totalmajor Well-Known Member

why would you need one

3. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

u know, for someone that likes to critique so many people's posts, you are one VERY missinformed person, maybe if you didn't go around being to to critique everyone, u'd understand more... i wouldn't be at all suprised if you were some 17 year old kid thats watched F&F 1-3 20 times each and think you know it all... now to get back to what i was originally saying, maybe the person wants the extra security to prevent hydrolock, and well, hydro shields are a precaution yes, but they bypass valve almost guarantee that you will not hydrolock, though it may make u lose anywhere from 1-3 HP, the extra security knowing that you won't have to pay a couple grand to fix your car if u do suck in water is very helpfull...

so totalmajor, do me a favor and don't be quick to criticize everything, and don't act like you know it all, because... U DON"T... even KRU in these forum which i'm sure knows 10 fold the amount u do (and me admittedly) i'm sure would be quick to say, he does not know everything... and the reason he is able to criticize people w/o getting criticize in return, is because he has proven his knowledge w/ his constructive criticism and not just simple comments like "why would you need one"... you on the other hand make those type of comments and make rediculous claims of being able to make a turbo for our car for just $40... which you said you were gonna do and have yet to prove and therefor, just makes u lok like an ass which i'm sure most in this forum would agree w/...

now if you didn't get where i was going at... let me put it in terms you would understand...

totalmajor, STFU

*edit* sry for not being able to answer the OP's question :-\

4. Volder

Volder Well-Known Member

Jerry Jerry Jerry

well, Bryn1987 = + 1000
    :p

5. Bryn1987

1870? i'm not 138 years old o_O lol

6. Volder

Volder Well-Known Member

typo!
    changed it ^^

7. westcoast

westcoast Well-Known Member

Major got burned then rolled...

8. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

haha i love it when people take out their anger on internet sites... probably should try it one day lol

9. Bryn1987

click on totamajor's Profile below his name, then click "Find all posts by totalmajor" and read some of them, then u'll see exactly what i mean...

10. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

bryn1987 - it was just a simple question. I cant speak for totalmajor but I am almost sure he/she asked bcuz he/she wanted to find out what the original posters reason for getting this product. Usually we would need more info before we start blasting :D ...although I do know where you are coming from.

11. Bryn1987

cuz maybe from reading all his other posts, i know what he meant... same reason he hasn't responded... but ya maybe i did go a little overboard but it's cuz he's been doing it since he's got on the forum, from his very first post, and well, i got sick of it and told him off :D

12. darklancer

darklancer Well-Known Member

BLOW OFFS HELP FOR HYDROLOCK.... 8O ....and thats why i joined this forum. good to know now i have a reason to get one ty bryan!!! lol every time i see your name i always wana be like BRIONNG...its from a comedian but i cant remeber who lolz....information highway road rage FTW

13. Bryn1987

remember, u do lose some performance w/ a blowoff valve though... and OMG!!!!!! I KNOW EXACTLY WHO UR TALKING ABOUT... but i can't remember either -_- lol... i love the guy, he's hillarious... one of my friends put a cd of one of his acts while driving once, and she was so distracted laughing that she ran a red light o_O lol... but, ya =) like i said, u'll lose 2-3 HP from a blow off valve from what i've heard but ur talking about 6 maybe 7 minus 2-3, so ur still getting 4-5 HP out of the CAI

14. darklancer

darklancer Well-Known Member

o come on that sounds has to add atleast 30 hp i mean every ricer i know has one ...it HAS to do somthign ...lol

yea that comedian is awsome i was listening to it in class one day *hidden earbuds and long hair FTW* but yea i was listening to that and i could help but laugh unfortunitly i wasnt paying attention and it was rght when one of the other kids was sharing a sad story about how his favourit pet had past away....and insert my random gut busting laugh....and insert 30 day suspension....still worth the it :wink: LOLZ

so cai + blowoff sounds good to me...unfortunitly thats about 500 bucks for 4 hp but ...the asthetic apeal is sooo tempting

15. Bryn1987

yup, those with their ricers know what they're doing, we should follow their examples :)

and wow... 30 days suspension for laughing? =)...

yup, bling factor is always nice :D

*edit* btw, i just noticed on ur list of things to do in ur sig... wats w/ the injen sri? since when are they planning on making an SRI? o_O

16. bras_33

BLOW OFF?!?!?!

with CAI?!?!?!

Explain

17. spunx021

spunx021 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same when I was reading that, maybe they meant bypass valve?

18. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

all the forced air being sucked by the intake,when you get off the gas itll make that psshhh sound everyone wants.....just with the intake.

19. bras_33

I sure hope you are kidding about adding a bov to the intake

20. spunx021

spunx021 Well-Known Member

oh, okay, now it's clear, I thought they meant a bypass valve but I guess not?? I don't know much about engine mods and stuff like that but a BOV on a CAI?? what's the point?? CAI doesn't force air into your engine that's why it keeps the engine naturally aspirated unlike a turbo. so putting a BOV on a CAI is a waste of money. like Bras said, I'm hoping that you're just kidding...