Injen CAI and cvt

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by OhMeOhMy, Jan 3, 2008.

1. OhMeOhMy

OhMeOhMy Active Member

Anyone with a cvt bought and installed the cai yet?

Was there any mount/install problems or fitment issues on a cvt?

2. eg6motion

eg6motion Well-Known Member

no fitment issues here.

3. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

the oil cooler maybe a bit of a problem.

4. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

It comes with a piece to offset the oil cooler. It just means an extra 10 installation steps for you

5. bras_33

unless mitsu F's u and removes it, WAIT its a 5speed :twisted:

6. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

:lol: The installation said GTS models only! Obviously the guy at Injen who wrote the thing up wasnt paying attention.

"Uh....Alvin....it says Im supposed to move the oil cooler....but my car doesnt have one....did Mitsu screw me over?" :oops:

7. bras_33

/\ LMFAO

8. crypto

crypto Well-Known Member

all your oil coolers are belong to mitsu

9. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

^ hehehehe , is that an obscure battletech reference?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

None here

11. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

No probs here

12. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

Is the injen intake suposed to make the lancer sound like a pissed off pop can?

I had the cai installed and I am pretty embarrassed to drive the car now. Do I need an exhaust to off set the air going in the car? or is this just normal?

I can't tell if the car is suposed to sound like this or if something isn't installed correctly.

13. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Not sure.

14. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

The CAI with the CVT fits fine and sounds awesome

15. Thatguy

Thatguy Well-Known Member

yea i agree, the injen cai makes the car sound better. without it my car sounded like a choking machine. now it sounds much better.

16. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

do you just have the cai or do you have an aftermarket exhaust too? My car sounds shitty. I will try and record it this weekend. I just don't think it sounds right.

I'm going to post pics of my car because i just got it repaired and I wanted the fourms opinion on the work I had done.

17. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

check the thread i made in this section (9G Lancer - Performance) about videos of performance parts... and listen to the CAI for an idea of how it's supposed to sound... i'd post a link but my internet is being an ass -_-

18. Thatguy

Thatguy Well-Known Member

all i have is the cai.

19. stronz73

stronz73 Well-Known Member

Well i have the RRM SRI and i think it sounds pretty good, ive heard the injen CAI and i kind of thought it sounded the same. But i know many of you will disagree.

20. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

the sri's will be lowder because theyre closer to the firewall and you, cai is routed further away...harder to hear. mine dosent resonate, the air comind in wisles (sp) when going past the wire mesh.