I'm a noob

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by FrannyBoy35, Dec 29, 2007.

1. FrannyBoy35

FrannyBoy35 New Member

First post WOO! Hey whats up everyone. I've checked out the forums a couple times before as a guest. I've been in the market looking for a new car and to be honest I was kind of stuck between a civic si sedan and the lancer gts. After reading up on articles and visiting the mitsu dealer today to confirm the ralliart... i think I may just wait for the ralliart to come out!

BTW I also test drove a GTS today and HOLY SH!T did it really exceed my expectations! The car is very roomy, more roomy than my buddy's IS350 and the dash is very simple yet effective. Technology is a huge PLUS. Although I was certainly blown away, I still have the itch to have a more powerful car. EVO X is outta my budget, and I'm anticipating the 08 Ralliart to be anywhere between 23-25 G's (hopefully with all the gadgets that come along with the GTS!!!) I was told at the dealership that the release should be sometime in May/June, I've also heard a month or so after the EVO X is released. Anybody heard of anything different?

With SoCA traffic, would you guys suggest 5 spd manual or CVT/paddleshifters? I'm not on the freeways for long periods of time (20 mile commute to work), but when I am, it's always rushhour!

-F

2. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

5 speed FTMFW!

3. gatzaraki

gatzaraki Well-Known Member

welcome

4. Mitsu008

Mitsu008 Well-Known Member

^^ lmao

5. Guest

Guest Guest

welcome to the site.

As far as 5 speed or cvt paddles.

Im fat and lazy so CVT FTW!

6. resolutionny7

resolutionny7 Well-Known Member

Welcome! for your situation i would say cvt with the paddles but 5 speeds are amazing 8)

7. stronz73

stronz73 Well-Known Member

Welcom bro, well just as long as you get a damn lancer, because or else it wouldnt be right you know. Go with the CVT. ITS FASTER!!! it adds 30hp to the wheel. 8)

8. Lancer-Randy

Lancer-Randy Well-Known Member

9. evoracer

evoracer Well-Known Member

Stronz73 wrote: "Go with the CVT. ITS FASTER!!! it adds 30hp to the wheel."

wtf, where did ya hear that, n i think the 5 spd is faster 0-60 correct me if i'm wrong tho. Also, if yu kno how to drive stick get that because it's so much more fun. l0l

10. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

i think he was being sarcastic dude

11. Lancer-Randy

Lancer-Randy Well-Known Member

lol yeah i think he was

12. FrannyBoy35

FrannyBoy35 New Member

HAHA thanks Stronz I'll keep that in mind when I decide whether I want a stick or CVT! :D But yeah I can vouch with evoracer, I've heard from a couple Mitsu salesppl that the stick is faster in the 0-60... by about half a second. Didn't expect to see so many replies within an afternoon? Went to go watch UFC 79 and came back to check the forums! Thanks for the welcome folks!

13. evoracer

evoracer Well-Known Member

my bad, sry bro lol

14. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

if you are performance driven and will be what KRU referrers as a "tuner" instead of a "customizer" then you are better off with 5spd.....

im as well fat and lazy so i went CVT

15. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Welcome and enjoy the forums...follow the rules and post pics when you get your Lancer, we like pics. IMO, you will have much more fun with the 5speed.

16. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

5 speeeeed! You're losing ponies using a CVT and it's much more fun to be able to completely control your car 8)

17. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

^ + 30937209709347609437096763490743094370943709379034790 :twisted:

18. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

ICEMAN FTW!!!

19. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

GSP :bootyshake: butt he did dominate Matt Hughes

20. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

im a huge matt hughes fan and he was literally outworked in every round. every round.

he had nothing for GSP. which makes me think that Matt's reign is just about at an end. he looked really really frustrated when Joe talked to him after the fight. not "angry" frustrated, but like a "i didnt stand a chance" frustrated.