If you could get any EXHAUST AND INTAKE...

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by 08LancerGTS, Apr 23, 2008.

1. 08LancerGTS

08LancerGTS Well-Known Member

Which one would you get for the Lancer GTS CVT?

2. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

injen exhaust + CAI :)... though financially, i'll prob have to stick w/ injen CAI + Greddy exhaust

3. 08LancerGTS

08LancerGTS Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback

4. westcoast

westcoast Well-Known Member

I want the injen CAI but 300 bones? YahNO! K&N intake ftw (once it comes out!)

5. Bryn1987

will it be a CAI? if not, i'm still all for injen :)

6. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

cat back borla exhaust in stainless steel, which is what im on my way too now, so far i just have the muffler

7. Birdman11

Birdman11 Member

hey i have the works exhaust which was a mistake considering it is only a pipe..waste of money, but how is the greddy i am really interested in it, is it a great exhaust?...you like it?

8. totalmajor

totalmajor Well-Known Member

umm...

$400 for a CAI and $700 from a catback from injen?

I would be insulted if somebody threw those prices at me, for something that won't even give me much of a noticable power difference from a 2L I4 car...

DIY CAI + Universal CATBACK FTW..

you can't go a smarter way, especially since my set up only cost me ~$150 (even cheaper if you'd want straight pipes, lol) (with my own welding), while some cash out $1,100...

One day I'll write up a tutorial on how to make the BEST CAI for your car, with the same results as the "PROFESIONALLY TUNED " CAI. (We'll even film a race between the two set ups)

9. Payload

Payload Well-Known Member

well i think im gonna give the Works axle back a go since they claim 5-7hp which is decent and fomr the vids it sounds good. Just not sure how loud it will be. Its worth a shot. I dont think the injen full exhaust gets much more of a gain than that for a much higher price.

Intake wise i'd get the K&N if it was out... but it looks like ill have to wait.

so works AB + K&N SRI for me.

N/A mods arent just about power, they give better engine response etc too. N/A tuned cars are often faster than their dyno sheets prove. Just look at the new civic type-R for example. Much faster than most people expected from the spec sheet.

My mission... to make a Lancer Type-R. I want to stay N/A .. so hopefully companies still keep working on the N/A aspect otherwise custom parts are gonna be expensive to get made up.

10. totalmajor

totalmajor Well-Known Member

just take off your muffler

11. grizbone

grizbone Well-Known Member

I know how to do all this and I'll still stick with injen CAI and I'm waiting on Tanabe to finish their exhaust.

Also your attacks on everything aftermarket are get quite annoying.

12. KRU

KRU Well-Known Member

HMMMM! I wonder!

13. Bryn1987

+1

14. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

+2[/b]

15. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

Insulted??? More like mad at the fact those prices are out of your range...

Smarter way??? Seeing as how most of your information is half assed I seriously doubt you could come up with a smarter more efficient way of build an intake or exhaust compared to these other "Profesionally Tuned" CAI's. But prove me wrong and put your money where your mouth is. Do the research and development... outsource your materials... fabricate your intake and exhaust... then provide us with pictures, vid's, and dyno sheets proving yours is equal or better then the other intake's and exhaust out there....

Even though I agree that dollar to hp ratio compared too I/H/E vs force feeding the Lancer your attitude and shitty advice on telling our members to install at best a ghetto style rig in ther rides is really not something we need here.

So either offer up a better alternative instead of just dogging manufacters who take the time to research and develop parts for the Lancer or buy your Subaru and install your ghetto rigs on that ride....

16. westcoast

westcoast Well-Known Member

17. Bryn1987

owned =)... i haven't seen him on in a while, thats a good thing... i guess he can't respond? :p

[​IMG]

18. mezzedupdream

mezzedupdream Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure some of you guys go on evolutionm.net but if not and you haven't seen my HKS Axelback(which isn't universal and was made specifically for the '08s). I got an HKS Axelback just for letting them do the last fitment tests on the exhaust. It gives a 3whp and 4ftlbs torque gain.

Here are some vids:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Bryn1987