i did some autocross this weekend

Discussion in 'RallyCross, AutoCross, Motorsports' started by RALLIART, Nov 16, 2008.

1. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

Well from what i noticed that my car handles pretty well with coilovers, the car is really really heavy and underpowered, a turbo was a must.

This was a scca event and it was also my first time during autocross

judge for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lEyVHw6UAs

2. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

or maybe a 5spd
    =P

3. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Alot of fun, uh jake?

It test your skills on how you can handle your car. It's pretty easy going fast in a straight line, but do that in corners and curves? Now thats excitement!!!!!

Pics?

4. RALLIART

NO PICS, it was a scca event, so most of us had to do work assignments. my friend was driving in group 2 i was in group one, so when i was driving he was doing work and vice versa

5. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

how fast was the course? what was your time?

6. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

I bet it was a lot of fun, I think a 5spd would have give you the advantage you wanted.

7. RALLIART

my best time was 47.5 seconds, the best time was 40.1 and that was a evo 9 mr i think that if i would have had a turbo on my car i would have had around 44 or 45 seconds

8. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

I have been wanting to do that for a while, but now I probably wont be able to anymore since I need to save up money to go to school. Unless I go with stock suspension lol, man that looked like fun, do those events happen regularly over there?

9. RALLIART

10. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Nice.... I spotted a mazdaspeed3 in there!!!! the pearl white=secks

11. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Nice! Thanks alot, now all I need (want) is some coilovers and the anti-sway bar!!