How's Manual Transmission?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Patrickmann, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Patrickmann

Patrickmann Well-Known Member

How is driving manual on the GTS? Anyone noticed any problems? Pretty easy to shift, clutch hard to press in? Thinking about going back for a manual..

2. EpiiCk

EpiiCk Well-Known Member

the clutch is very easy to press, sensitive in other words. so its easy to switch gears

3. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

^agree, I can let out the clutch without giving her gas. Although I would not recommend it.

4. peetnyce

peetnyce Member

Its so smooth. very easy to drive!

5. Patrickmann

How come? So it's not a hard car to get going at the start?

6. bras_33

^Not at all, I taught my shorty how to drive stick and she is almost as good as I am

7. Sp4rt4n

Sp4rt4n Well-Known Member

I have to agree with everyone else, it is very easy to drive. I am teaching my wife to drive stick, and she has picked it up very easily.

8. vash_241987

vash_241987 Well-Known Member

I got a couple of Q:

1. When deccelrating for lets say a turn do I down shift before the turn?
    2. When slowing down for a stop do I hit the cluth first, or break then cluth?

Thanks, I really need to get into a MT, ive only driven once in a parking lot.

9. bras_33

1. Depends on the curve
    2. Brake but not to the point of actually stopping, then clutch.

10. Patrickmann

Have any of you found it a bit annoying shifting all the time?

11. bras_33

nope, driving manual is for true drivers!!!! :D IMO

12. shoua

shoua New Member

I got a question.
    On a hill during a stop sign or red light, what do I do so the car won't roll back down or stall when I try to go.
    Been having trouble with this >.> Thanks lol

13. vash_241987

vash_241987 Well-Known Member

ok...what if your exiting off of a off ramp from the free way turning right, posted MPH is 35.?

My roommate in college taugh me some of the basics, he mention also about when coming to a stop light that he usually puts the car in neutral and just breaks. Is this ok?

Thanks

14. bras_33

Shoua...e-brake, then clutch/gas and release, thats what I do.

Vash...thats fine

This is my input, I am sure others have some too.

15. Patrickmann

Still in debate whether to get a manual or automatic.. I'm leanig towards manual though.. I need to practice first though.. Hopefully I learn pretty quick..

16. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

i love my cvt wouldnt trade it for anything i am a very lazy driver sometimes and shifting just gets old. and the cvt is faster then manual so if i have to show off i can still do it 8)

17. bras_33

^ the cvt is faster than a manual, really?

18. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

yes the cvt is faster when in "manual mode" then a standard manual car it shifts alot faster read up on it!

19. bras_33

I know, it reacts real quick when you upshift. I may have to now.

20. Patrickmann

Well I want to turbo the car eventually and i don't know if the Automatic would be able to handle a lot of HP. I was thinking about waiting for the Ralliart version for the AWD and Small turbo and getting a manual in that. I just don't know when it is going to come out..