How to use the CVT

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by JayGTS88, Aug 4, 2007.

1. JayGTS88

JayGTS88 Well-Known Member

so how is a safe way to use the CVT? Release the gas then shift up or down or just shift even when the foot is pushing on the gas?

2. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

Because the CVT is a continuously varying auto trans, there shouldn't be any problem with shifting it with the paddle shifters or through the floor shifter without taking your foot off the gas. I know that when I test drove one, I didn't and I was flooring it and pushing the car hard :p . Gotta love when the dealership hands a 20 year old the keys to a new car for a test drive and 5 bucks to put gas in it and says "have fun and bring it back in one piece" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: !

Bill

3. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

you could always take ur foot off the gas when u shift and make it seem like a manual tranny haha!

4. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

I floored it on every gear when I upshift on the cvt. I was diggin it!!!!!

5. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

i never take my foot off cuzz it will jerk just like a manual tranny. Sometimes ill do it to feel the rush but i mostly just have it floored. :twisted:

6. JayGTS88

JayGTS88 Well-Known Member

flooring FTW! :lol:

7. LancerGTS

always haha

8. bras_33

All the time!!!!!!!!!

9. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

My Miss hates when i drive shes holding on to the holy fuck handles lol. But i"ve notcied that the cvt loads funny sometimes. Example at a light she will some times take right off and WTF yeah!!. Others its like man is this a sad engine. But i so love my car and wont change it for anything welllll maybe the EVO lol.

10. tatsujo

tatsujo Well-Known Member

What rpms are you guys shifting at while flooring? :D I'd like to try this one day. haha.

11. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

the magic rpm for the cvt to jump is around 2500 to 3000. she just seems more responsive to me and acceleration is always good in that range. But hey that is just me most here feell 6000+ is the only way lol. Varoom lol i wonder who will have the first turbo here??.

12. LancerGTS

i usually let it go all the way to 5500 then shift so i dont have that lil gay push that slows you down at 6000 because its automatic and doesnt let you go in the redline :(

13. bras_33

ME!!!!! but I know its in the works from a well known company

14. LancerGTS

whos makin it?

15. Guest

Guest Guest

floor it and go for it!

16. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

my car in nuetral cuts out at 4000 so i cant get any higher then that

17. Guest

Guest Guest

then dont do that. HA HA HA!!! r u trying a neutral drop? ouchie!

18. LancerGTS

yeah stupid limiter i woner how to take that off..... you can always power break when ur at a light and take off mine burns out every now and then if you really wanna be a cool guy...lmao :lol:

19. Guest

Guest Guest

BERRRRRRRRRRRRAAAT!

20. bras_33

^LOL

You wouldnt have a problem like that with a 5 speed :D