how much would this car cost to get fixed

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older- General Information' started by papasmurf261, Dec 12, 2009.

1. papasmurf261

papasmurf261 New Member

Hi im new here as you can see and i would love to get a lancer which is why im posting this thread.

i was looking at fixing the car in the link below
    http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/1484508371.html
    how much would the doors and fender cost to get and how much would it cost to get the wheel professionaly fixed. I know its not specific but what would i be looking at spending to get the left side of the car fixed? and is it worth it?

Thank you very much.

Mike :bigsmurf:

2. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

id make sure the frame isnt bent.... if it is its totaled and not worth it

3. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

Parts like the fender and door are easy to find if you do a search on used parts you may even find the same color parts you want. But I saw the pic and my gut feeling is that there's more to that car than what it seems. Your best bet is to get the vin # and do a serach to see what happend to it. And yes if the frame is bent forget about it, insurance companies will total a car if the frame is bent, even for the smallest accident. :drunken: :drunken:

4. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Well, doing a vin check will only tell you the info that has been reported...either by police report or insurance company. As for fixing it, I think that getting used parts and having a bodyshop do the paintwork would cost around 2k. That's going by what I can see...both doors, fender, wheels (easier to buy a new set than to find someone to repair one fairly cheap), possible hood, and paint. I wouldn't offer him more than 1500 for it...and that's pushing it.

5. papasmurf261

papasmurf261 New Member

thanks you guys, ill contact the seller tomarrow.

6. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Yeah, with that much damage, and possible frame damage, I'd say a grand. Dude's crazy trying to get 2 g's for it.

7. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

i agree with everyone, 2g's for the car is crazy. i would give him 500 at most for a car in that condition.

believe me cuz i have been in accidents and had my car fix many of times, there is more damage than you think. there will be some damages under what you see and will cost more than 2g's for sure to fix. the paint alone will cost somewhere around a grand, body parts that you see that are damaged will cost about another grand for used parts, plus all the hinges and various other things that are damaged under what you see.

i would honestly say buy another car unless you really really want this one. you can find plenty of cars in way better condition for the price you would pay for this one and the money you would have to invest to fix.

look for something else man.