how much hp outa the 2.0

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by NamorA, Dec 2, 2008.

1. NamorA

NamorA Member

just a poll but how much horsepower does your 2.0l put out by now? upgrades and all

2. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

3. blackOZ

blackOZ Well-Known Member

is it 140hp stock?

4. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

152 is stock... so... not sure why he's only getting 140... lol

5. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

152 at the crank.... wheels is a BIG difference, somewhere like 16%-20% less with our cars, especially if you are pzev and/or cvt

6. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Ahhh....poop. You mean my car sucks even more than I thought? :lol:

7. EngRWW33

no worries.... still got the looks :D

8. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

At the crank I'm at about 220 or so and at the wheels prob around 180 or so. I have the most with out a turbo

9. EngRWW33

is that going off of personal calculations of claims or dyno??

10. blackOZ

blackOZ Well-Known Member

is the 153hp out of a 2.0 stock engine?
    or have you modified it?

11. SeRious08

The 2.0L is 153 hp at the crank. The average drivetrain lost that I have seen is right around 16%.

So 153 x .16 = 24.48

153 - 24.48 = 128.52 hp to the wheels stock

The last time I dynoed my car with my mods it was just shy of 140.

Prove it with a dyno sheet or shutup! :D :D

12. XxLaNcErGTSxX

Well it's 150 to the wheels with my flash and that is proven. I am guessing on the other though with other dyno sheets from the mods I have so I don't know. Prove your with a Dyno then hot shit!!

13. SeRious08

Look around, mine has been posted for over a year. I have yet to see yours. In one of my dynos in a 4th gear pull I only posted a 122.85. Which was a 19.4xx % drivetrain lost.

Works car with all their crap and "claimed" proven dynos, only posted right at 151.3 hp.

Not sure how you can claim 180.....

14. BrianRRM

BrianRRM Well-Known Member

our is putting out 205whp. TUBRO FTW!!!!! :p

15. XxLaNcErGTSxX

Bc I have other shit done other than the works flash

16. XxLaNcErGTSxX

Plus I said Prob, as I do not have access to a dyno, and bc I have to lie with all of the crap on my car bc I guess I'm just a fake LOL. I did not claim I said prob so who knows

17. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

wow yall are goin off on each other.... either way whatever u getting outta ur car its still embarassing considering lancer has such a big name in the tuning community :(

18. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

all i know is that this coming summer i am getting a turbo from RRM...thats all i got to say about that. as for

quoting serious

"So 153 x .16 = 24.48

153 - 24.48 = 128.52 hp to the wheels stock"

That sounds on the mark, i have dynoed my car as well and i got 127HP, i think i only had RRM axle back then and RRM SRI. I doubt that i have gained over 5 HP since then by slapping injen intake and headers and custom megan racing exhaust.... Want power, get a turbo... I am done with bying all these "bandaids" cuz thats all those bolt on parts are "Bandaids" turbo is the way to go... RRM claims to put out 205whp with a 5sp 2.0L so i take it that cvt would be around 189-195WHP

19. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

It's embarrassing to have people think our cars are fast by the way they look or sound and then tell them we're pulling under 160 to the wheels.

20. 96Blacksunshine

96Blacksunshine Well-Known Member

Know what you mean. I get picked on by all my friends when I tell them that. Theyre like," you went from a Cobra to that? Why bother doing anything to it." I guess because anything is better thn stock