HIGH RPM

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by johntango, Sep 16, 2008.

1. johntango

johntango Active Member

2009 LANCER GTS 5 SPD.

JULY 2008 2 WEEKS AFTER I HAVE PICKED UP THE CAR--Its seems i'm having problem with my drive by wire throttle position sensor. I brought the car in previously to the dealership due to high RPM
    - I told them even after 5 min of warming up the car, ran the car, then dead stop - foot off the clutch, foot on break - rpm stays at 1100 rpm for few seconds then drops back down to 750 or 800. ---- left the car there for a day so they can reproduce the problem, but they told there's nothing wrong. They cannot reproduce the problem. (NO INJEN INTAKE YET AT THIS TIME NOR AXLEBACK EXHAUST)

--well ok i've ignored this problem for since July.

-Today - it happened again - Heading home -- seeing that its a red light ahead - I let the car coast ---i put the car in neutral - foot off the clutch and break -- the rpm stayed at 1100 all the way to the red light - and even when i stepped on the break it even when up to 1300 then settled back at 1100 -- revved up the engine -- still the same. (AT THIS POINT I HAVE THE CAI INJEN AND RRM AXLEBACK EXHAUSTED INSTALLED)

-I have actually even noticed this when reversing in neutral on my driveway coz it slopes down.

--Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions? IS THIS NORMAL IN NEUTRAL?

2. kennyjai

kennyjai Well-Known Member

1100 rpm is kinda low i heard people had the rpm stay around 2000 rpm lol but i think it'll go away i had that a couple of time but now its practically gone...

3. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

THE car ecu will have to learn how the driver drives the car,spirited or not,my lancer did the same thing,they say its meant to save gas,and it does that to burn the extra gas in the system.

for example-i would be driving 35mph down main goin on a slight decline.im obviously on the gas a little,when i completely let off the gas it still was stuck up into higher rpms for a few seconds,then would drop down.

oh my lancer was an 08 ES 5 speed.

4. sordid

sordid Well-Known Member

I've never experienced the high rpm thing, but my car has less than 4k on it at the moment. The last one was 4.5k but that one didn't do it either. I have been reading a lot of a reason being for burning off extra fuel in line and putting less strain on the cat.
    However, it sure modifies the fuel delivery and butterfly when I'm driving.. if I drive consistently like an old woman, when I decide to go on a spirited adventure, she lags.
    If i drive like a teenager, then it's consistently more responsive.

There should be a switch for ecu no interference..

5. 4B12LancerGTS

4B12LancerGTS Well-Known Member

Yea i believe the ecu is what causing the problem. Try this. Try to drag race your car (alone) like up and down a road then see what it does. then drive the car like a normal person and see what it does.

I do notice when im driving more on the gas saving side the rpms are low like 700ish but when i take my wild kid side out its goes up to 1k or so.

So what we all are trying to say maybe its the way you drive your car?!?! just my 2 cents.

6. lordtygr

lordtygr Well-Known Member

85 F-150 (auto) - definatly not.. hell i could barely keep it running at all, lmao!
    90 ranger (5spd) - i think it did it, i dont remember
    94 mazda b3000 (5spd)- did it
    01 mazda b3000 (5spd)- did it
    07 mazda 3 (auto) - did it
    09 lancer GTS (5spd) - does it