HID'S PERIOD for 2008-09 lancers

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by WillieetheOne, Sep 1, 2009.

1. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

Unless you purchase both the required wire harness, and relay which prevents the hid flicker. You will not escape it. Also as most of us know these kits do not come with both. So when you purchase, do it in an educated manner. It will save you both money and Migrains in the future. This also goes with any purchase we do in life lol. Note look into your dealership the lamps from the ralliart and MR are projection and i've read somewhere that when installed in our models actually does not flicker. I know they cost a small fortune but did you you that that flicker can actually damage you ECU which costs like 3000 dollars and controls your engines funtions. So purchase the harness and relay or drive with your light on all the time that fixes the problem sort of. Sorry if i offed anyone but this HID thing is like an army of the undead beaten and it still keeps coming back. My kit sits my my shed i will get the lamps or a new ralliart in the near future so that will get rid of my hid issue lol. Best wishes all

2. deesport

deesport Well-Known Member

Just out of curiousity...How would the flicker damage your ECU? I understand the DRL is set on the ECU itself which is pretty much why the HID's flicker upon turning your lights off...but how would that do damage to the actual ECU? HID's put out less power than regular headlights...the power is all in the ballist.

I mean i could be wrong, im just tryin to figure out how it would damage it.

Let me know, im interested ;)

3. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

I got the bypass from funkybeats on 9gL.
    Works like a charm.

4. slim8605

slim8605 Well-Known Member

Jrox ftw...

5. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

from what john the head mech at my dealership said that. I hope this sounds right. The flicker is caused due to improper wave or square signal. This improper signal is sent to the ECU which reads it. That improper wave or square sign can cause the ECU to short or malfuntion. Also John told me to leave the 10 amp fuses in the light relay. I've read that, some have changed it too the 20 amp. The 10 is there for a reason putting more resistance in is bad, alot more chance for damage. So i hope this kinda explains it in laymans terms. But i will goto the dealership tomorrow and ask john for a more detailed explaination to the flicker issue, with hid kits. the last hid set i had blew my 10 amp fuses twice lol.

6. deesport

deesport Well-Known Member

Damn. Alright thanks for the info man, keep me posted. I mean I have purchased a "Relay" from one of the shops over here, however it is not like the relay that they are selling online. I'll post a picture of it when I get home from the office. I refuse to install the relay I have in my car, involves too much tampering with already existing wires and what not. I'll come back in like a hour or so and post what I have, and maybe ill just snag the relay i see floating around the forums.

Let me know what you hear back from your friend @ the dealer.

Greatly appreciated!

7. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

QFT. I actually sell the DRL Bypass w/ Relay Harness: http://lancertuners.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=7118 8)

8. ghettomike

ghettomike New Member

has anyone tried jsut putting in a resistor on the positive wire to block and underpoer to he ballast but allow any power over 10volts? i believe the car gives 12 volts to the bulb?

9. khaos

khaos Active Member

original funkybeats ftw!!!

10. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

i did a separate wiring and a switch + my foglight drl conversion...

now everything is off without any bypass...