Hi Newbie here

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by EVO, Dec 8, 2010.

1. EVO

EVO Active Member

hi All,
    just got in and hope can learn more from the experts over here.
    need to knw more on the.1.8 manual transmission lancer .
    Thanks

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

What year is it? Is it DOHC? Do you know the engine code? And your best bet to find more info is to look at mirage info. Its the same motor for the most part just a different displacent. Oh yea...

Welcome to LT! Pics pics pics! please

3. EVO

EVO Active Member

hi jogenmaru,

its the 1.8 lancer 2010, with 4B10 manual trans.

4. Jogenmaru

aaahhh i see. Your not from the US then. Omit the mirage info then.

5. EVO

EVO Active Member

yup frm malaysia.
    currently also havin the 6A12 2.0 V6 and previous ride is 1.9manual4G93P.
    wats ur ride ?

6. EVO

EVO Active Member

are there any info on the BOT for 4b10 manual? it seems Evo X SSt only and so is the ralliart version.
    how to play around with the manual tranny?

7. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT.

8. Jogenmaru

Im not familiar with the term BOT. What exactly does it do again? And what does the p in 4g93p mean? Was that the dohc version?

9. EVO

EVO Active Member

Bot = Bolt on turbo,
    the older mitsu engine is 1.8 dohc manual/auto 4G93p(NA) with the T is the turbo version, yes this was the mirage era

10. Jogenmaru

The evo x turbo may fit on your 1.8 lancer. But there is the issue of your internals not being strong enought to with hold the pressure. I think the evox is set to 18psi which would melt the regular lancer's internals. I havent seen any aftermarket internals for your model lancer just yet. It should technically bolt right on just the tuning is what would set you back. If you start it once with a turbo and normal lancer tune you could indeed destroy your engine.

Also, I know a lot of ppl over here that would like that 4g93p engine, including me. Here in the states we got stuck with 4g94 sohc(N/A). Doesnt make over 110hp N/A with a complete set of bolt-ons. We have to do a import of your head and swap it onto ours to make any kind of real N/A power and its still not much until we turbo.

11. EVO

EVO Active Member

i was thinkinif i wanna do it will change the engine to 4b11 as it can take it and was only unsure if the current manual gear ratios are the same or compatible with the evo's power.

ya if only u have the 4g94 Dohc engine which would fit nicely,not sure the 4g93 can fit it..
    over here 4g94 is very rare;so its like wat i have u dont/vice versa.
    so wat was your ride again bro?

12. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT bro as you can see plenty of people here to get the answers you need.

13. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

14. EVO

EVO Active Member

thanks!
    so much to learn and absorb like a sponge frm now..
    thanks to all the expert and help here.

15. davidlanceres

davidlanceres Well-Known Member

16. Jogenmaru

I drive U.S. spec 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally. 4G94 engine. The 4G93 engine will fit. There have been only a handful of ppl who have done the 4G93 dohc head swap here in America. As for your gear ratio question. The ratios for the lancer vs evo/ralliart are different. I wish I knew what it was off the top of my head.