Hey, new to mods and lancers!! woo!

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by lancesdaily, Aug 15, 2010.

1. lancesdaily

lancesdaily New Member

Im here to find out what modifications to my 2005 Lancer ES i can make.. mainly in the performance department. please post sites, pictures and anything else thatt might help me out thanks!

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT. You can do intake:
    [​IMG]
    Or exhaust:
    [​IMG]
    Both are very easy to install, and there will be a noticeable difference as compared to other modifications.

3. lancesdaily

lancesdaily New Member

Cool, thanks man. is there anything i can "Frakenstein" on the motor? and is there a cool air intake rather than a short ram that will fit?

4. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

built bottom end and buying built pistons and rods. Then turbo. That's as much frankenstien I can think of. You can paint your valve cover and other various engine components to add some personality to your whip.

5. lancesdaily

lancesdaily New Member

What do you mean built bottom end? like bored out? ... i was just looking on RRM.. and it seems i can replace alot of things but im not sure if there "Upgrades" or just to replace your old one... kind of thing lol.

6. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

I may be able to get my hands on some more CAI's...anyone got a pic of the intake I sold you?

7. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Now that I think of it, I still have my K&N SRI like HUNK's....been painted a couple times, and its just the hard pipe. I'll let ya have it cheap if you decide to go with a short ram.

8. lancesdaily

lancesdaily New Member

I think i'd really prefer a cool air intake.. its much better is it not? and the short ram looks like it would just suck in hot air lol

9. Jogenmaru

If you can find l2q will give you the sri pipe I can give you my cai pipe. All you would need is some silicone couplers and a filter.

10. 1slowlance

You'd be surprised. It's right behind the grill and gets quite a bit of air.

11. Jogenmaru

It's really preference. It's not really better par se...Just where you want your power diverted. Sri even out the power band by adding power to the low end which is where we dont have it. Cai add to the power we already have which is in the upper rpm band. It's just preference...you want your power now or later. I chose later....until one day it rained really bad....so I made it a sri and havent changed it back because of random rain and weather guy always being wrong.

12. ozrallyredeptx456

ozrallyredeptx456 Active Member

like Jogenmaru said its about preference i for one live in the desert and when it rains we get nasty puddles and i dont want to suck up crap and id rather have the kick like the vtecs at 4500 rpm if im correct? oh and can anyone give me the tell me how to paint the hard pipe of the K&N sri? i want mine red

13. Jogenmaru

Sri kicks in at 3.8k rpms for me and Cai kicks in at 4.5k rpms like you stated. The Sri last longer than the CAi for me. But our power normally starts to die at 5.7k rpms. Our limiter is 6.2k rpms. This is for the 7th gen lancer though.

14. 1slowlance

7th>8th That's right, I said it. But, if you're looking for something that you'll really notice a difference with, I'd get a cat-back exhaust. You will feel a difference, much more than an intake.

15. HiPowerMtrsprts

HiPowerMtrsprts Well-Known Member