help

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by beard_irish, Apr 6, 2010.

1. beard_irish

beard_irish Well-Known Member

i tried to race a honda at a stoplight, got beat, f-in sad
    I was wondering if anyone knows any way to help our cars off the line, i have the es, an auto.
    wat can i do

2. x32weezyx

x32weezyx Well-Known Member

intake..rrm lightweight pully...lightweight flywheel kinda xpensive...tats a start

3. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

What do you have done to your car now? Unfortunately, there isn't too much that will help us. :( Our cars are just naturally slow. Lol.

4. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

turbo it and youll be good lol

5. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Why the hell does everyone say turbo if you want good acceleration. If he does that then he is going to have to upgrade a few more things. Especially his clutch. If he just goes turbo (lets just say rrm's since it come with a piggy to control everything) His clutch will die in 3 days just from enthusiasm.

Short ram intake (depends where you look. Ebay has legal cold air intakes for 70 or you can get k&n for 200)
    Ported throttle body 299
    Ported intake manifold 299
    RRM pulley or equivalent 129
    And some kind of exhaust
    ebay N1 exhaust I hear is good.

Short ram gives low end power
    Cold air intake (longer tube) gives high end power
    dunno if you can do cold air due to you being an auto

But Hondas are naturally faster off the line basically because most of them are RWD and ours are FWD. And they respond to bolt ons much better. That list up there will get you to beat a stock honda.

6. timschoeliertm

i meant with the amount of money you hell spend on his car with that stuff, he can just put the turbo kit in it and still be faster, thats all. if i had the money i would n/a a car over turbo or supercharge any day of the week. but in order to make a n/a car faster than a turbo, its goin to take a lot more money thats all.

7. beard_irish

beard_irish Well-Known Member

im getting the takeda short ram, and a tsudo exhaust, they should be here sooner or later.
    hope those help.
    also i might get the pulley sometime down the road

8. ThunderOZ

ThunderOZ Well-Known Member

Well you're looking at close to a thousand dollars for those NA parts and won't get much back out of it. You can build a turbo kit for a little more than that and make quite a bit more power.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure that most Hondas are FWD, much like our Lancers.

9. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

S2000's are about the only Honda I can think of that's RWD. NSX, s2000, and that's about it. Lol.

10. timschoeliertm

i was thinking the same about hondas, but i didnt want to be that guy lol