Help me pick a SRI

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Pocket, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Pocket

Pocket Well-Known Member

so im KIND OF a brand whore.. i like injen greddy and k&m... and id like to get a SRI.. a CAI is out of the question.. too expensive for me and i dont like that it doesnt like dust and water.. cause i live in fl and on a dirt road.. anywho..

with this said.. id only like to spend abt 150.. can anyone suggest where to get a good SRI for about this cost?? ive been searching but cant seem to find much under 300

thanks,

Pocket

2. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

yay the other girl on this forum came back!! lol

I have the RRM SRI it was $149.99... works perfect for me. (I also drive down a bunch of dirt roads and havent cleaned it in 6 months lol)

3. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

You ain't gonna find a good SRI for 150... Don't buy the Fujita SRI thats forsure. And I wouldn't go with the RRM SRI either.

K&N SRI is gonna cost you around 300. Injen CAI is gonna cost you around 300 also. Just save up and get the good stuff. :)

4. medic

medic Well-Known Member

I have the rrm sri v2 and i love it. A little more than 150 but worth it, even comes with a heat shield. Install was done in the lot after shift @ 1am in about 30-35 min.

5. dao.style

dao.style Well-Known Member

rrm sri v1 is around that price i believe, i suggest you stay away from fujita or however u spell it

6. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

7. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

I would suggest either the RRM SRI or the Mazda3 intake. You can pick up the Mazda3 intake for about $50 on eBay.

8. lancer0220

lancer0220 Well-Known Member

Yes the mazda 3 intake actually works. I have one lying around that i modded to work on an 08 lancer. Its not a pretty looking mod but once you get the maf sensor on it looks good.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/lancer-eng ... ntake.html

Check out the pics on that post from back in the day (2007)

thats what it looked like. Not sure if i have the metal piece that held it up anymore but yeah

i didnt have CEL for 6 months , after 6 months i took it to the dealer because a cd got stuck in my cd player and didnt want them seeing the intake, after that i never put it back on because i was lazy. i now drive an 09 gts with an injen cai, if you like I could let this go for 15-20 bucks + what ever shipping is but keep in mind i offer no gurantees im just trying to help you out. it SHOULD work, it WORKED for me and is in same condition as I was using it. Let me know I need to check if i have all the parts but Im lazy and wont check unless i know your interested so pm me.

9. lancer0220

lancer0220 Well-Known Member

also i gurantee you this is better than RRM V1 intake and just as good as RRM V2 intake. Its not like SRI is a rocket science type of field.