help installing TWM short shifter!!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by skullpr, Jul 22, 2008.

1. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

ok guys i need your help...my TWM short shifter just came in today and when i took out the middle dash i had no clue as to how to change the shifters...do you need any special tools to remove the parts or what??anyone seen or done a DIY on this or can it even be a DIY project??
    [​IMG]
    also as you can see in the picture i also got the TWM aluminum bushings...do these go in the shifter compartment or do these actually go in the engine compartment??thanks in advanced...

2. kennyjai

kennyjai Well-Known Member

did they send u a guide ?? i got one.. was pretty straight foward.. but u need a dremel to make things easier!!

3. skullpr

damn...i didnt take out the thing before trying to install...ill see what i can do tonight thanks..

4. Devious813

Devious813 Well-Known Member

Hey when your done can you post some before and after pics cause i want to do the same with my car i just wanna see it first , btw where can i get the short shifter??

5. skullpr

^^no prob man...ill post before and after pics as requested...i bought mine from Auto City Imports, one of our supporting vendor, very fast shipping too...i bought the shifter and the Eibach Pro Kit suspension but that is yet too come in...

6. dogdog130

dogdog130 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

took me 30 min to install and got it on ebay for 140

7. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

hey brother nice shifter and shift knob,thats my old setup.

8. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

I think i speak for everyone when i say " Clean your car man...."

9. skullpr

^^+1 lol

10. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

don't know it you resolved this, but http://www.twmperformance.com/manuals/2 ... manual.pdf this is the only thingi can find for our cars. yes some special tools required

11. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

that oval looking piece,i didnt even use.all i did was took an adjustable wrench held on tight an pulled it off.i didnt have avise at the time either

12. skullpr

13. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

ok cool just helping your ride is looking good. that's the color i wanted.

14. skullpr

^^thanks bro for the props...what color did you get urs in??i had forgotten i had start this topic...but yeah