Header back w/ stainless steel polished SUS 304

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by LANCERGTS2008, Sep 4, 2008.

1. LANCERGTS2008

LANCERGTS2008 Active Member

I am trying to get a custom header or cat back using SUS 304 polished stainless steel 2.5 inche width for my 08 Lancer. Also i went to this shop and they showed me a high flow cat on their shelf and want to know if it matters that it wasnt made specifically from RRM or some company like that. It has the 2 sensor holes for my car. Can i use it or does it matter?

I am thinking of purchasing the steel from home depot and have them bend it and install it, this will lower my costs and use their high flow cat. These people installed my axle back in the past and did a great job. I am removing my current axle back installed by them that has a 2.5 inlet and 3.5 outlet for aspec (L SPEC) muffler with a 3'inlet and 4.25 outlet for a deeper sound and more flow.

I want it to look good polished and increase the diameter a quarter inch and save some cash, let me know if this is a good alternative or why it wont work. :geek:

2. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

id do a cat back, not a header back.. header back id leave it to companies like greddy and hks to make.. u might even hurt ur performance insted of gaining any.

3. LANCERGTS2008

How much will a 5 ft SUS stainless steel 304 pipe 2.5inches cost or where can I buy one? Does the wall need to be a certain thickness? Is 5ft all I need for a cat back?

this is the muffler I bought, http://www.aspecproducts.com/images.asp?theid=10357

4. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

First of all, how is this forced induction??? well thats fixed......

Second, the difference between a high flow cat made for are cars and a universal one, is that the one made for our cars, had some research put into it, specially for the O2, so it doesnt throw a CEL. Is it really a "high flow cat" or just a piece of pipe with a O2 bung?

Third, on an naturally aspirated car, bigger exhaust piping doesnt mean better... a big part of your performance (and gas millage) depends on your back pressure. you will loose all that pressure with a bigger muffler, not to mention, get ready to sound like a riced out honda...

Fourth, do not just buy the steel pipes and do it... muffler piping and home depot steel piping is not the same.. if anything go to a muffler shop and have them do a custom exhaust.

dont be cheap... do it right or don't do it.

5. LANCERGTS2008

I got my friend working on a custom exhuast for me, he is going to give me a good deal on it since I am a returning customer at his shop. I guess the difference is a lot. Anyways I dont think my new muffler will make my car sound ricey, I dont see how that would happen...

6. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

7. chileanpride06

chileanpride06 Well-Known Member

i just wanted to put it out there, i have the headerback injen ses exhuast, yes it does sound ricey (gonna sell the car anyways) but i have noticed an increase in my performance, so if you want to do that, more power to you brotha......and if it dont work put the old one back on, then you can think at least you didnt spend over 900 dollars.... all about trial and error.