has *anyone* bought an aftermarket clutch for the 08-09?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Evolve, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Anyone who's driven a faster/sportier car knows our lancer came with a very pedestrian clutch. Anyone upgraded yet?

at all?

2. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

lol. guess i got my answer.

So nobody felt like being Fidanza's test-dummy? Lol nice. me neither.

i thought someone might had it by now. oh well

3. lordtygr

lordtygr Well-Known Member

since our cars are relatively new and not alot is available for serious power increases, i'm not gonna go swappin out the oem clutch till it needs it, or like i said, throw on a turbo or nitrous and be at the track every friday night. i'm willing to be most agree with me on that one. thats why no one has apparently done it yet.

4. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

lol yup.

came to that conclusion when i saw how many people viewed the thread but didn't answer. I don't blame people at all.

But you know how forums are....SOMETIMES there are people who say "fuck it" and buy something. Or maybe someone who works with Fidanza is already rocking the clutch upgrade. But it looks like that's not the case at all.

i'd personally rather see an ACT clutch than Fidanza but like you said, no huge aftermarket support = no R and D on such parts

go us! heh

5. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Most of the bigger names are focusing thier R&D funds on the Evo and RA. Once those are done, The other models will follow.

6. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

You have to match the power of lancer, lol, to the fidanza...as far as I know 143 pzev hp is really no need for an upgrade in "clutchness." Unless you granny shift and not double clutching like you should (help me here, luvmylancer, if I said it right) every other night when someone illegal street races!!!!

7. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

between me doing street-tuning for Road Race, the drag night, and my aggresive driving, a more "grabbier" clutch isn't too much to ask for.

Wanting a more sporty feeling clutch has nothing to do with my hp as far as im concerned. I'd honestly buy a clutch if knew from someone that it had a better feel, better grab etc....

Alv you know what im talkin' about. Our clutch is soooooooo forgiving when it comes to engagement that it's easy to forget other cluthes grab better once you barely release the clutch. maybe i've driven too many of my buddy's cars to realize our is so soft.

Power is not the concern here. It's feel.

8. bras_33

OIC...i feel you on that...you dont know how many times I really dont use the clutch to shift, it will slide in and out ( :twisted: ) with no problems!!!

9. SeRious08

Thats what she said....

10. bras_33

So you have been with Mrs. Johnson from down the street!?!?! lol

11. SeRious08

I ahve a weekly appointment. :twisted: