H I D S

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by topher, Jan 4, 2008.

1. topher

topher Well-Known Member

if anyone has them installed, did u use the double sided tape? if so where did you mount the ballast?

Im attempting mine tmw morning!

2. FinestGTS

FinestGTS Well-Known Member

Happy to know you recieved your kit. Told you i would be fast :).

But i would use teh double sided tape bro. Its strong so make sure you clean the area before applying. :)

And remember the tips i gave you.

3. thetaxguy

thetaxguy Well-Known Member

Don't half ass it. Take off the front bumper cover and install the ballasts in the space provided by Mitsu under the headlamp. Fabrication of a bracket will be required. But in the end, it will look better and will be better protected from the elements.

Just my $0.02.

4. Automoglow

Automoglow Well-Known Member

The kit should have mounting brackets for the ballast you just need to find a spot to mount them.

5. FinestGTS

at th end of it all bro, its where you want to decided to put them. Removing your bumper to install them under the headlight is just rediculous and un nessecary. You can use the brackets but you will you will have to drill into your car.

Like i said my rec is find a nice clean hidden spot and put them their. I put them right on the side of each headlights, their is a lil space with walls on each side. so my ballast are nice and snug in the spots, safe from water and sight. my engine bay looks stock besides injen intake :)

6. topher

topher Well-Known Member

Yeah i found a good spot incase i need to remove them or put new ones in...

pics!!

I need to adjust them, the bulb seems to sit to high thats why it looks like there pointing down more!

with HIDS

[​IMG]

this pic is with 9006 st silver stars

without HIDS

[​IMG]

I think i need to lower my fog lights as well..

7. topher

topher Well-Known Member

Fixed HIDS, and one of my fogs is broken so it wont go down, so here's the HIDS without fogs!

[​IMG]

8. Lancer-Randy

Lancer-Randy Well-Known Member

they look fine to me for the pix.

9. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

what brand did you get?

i got mobilehid.com's hid kits and their shock and water proof. so it really wouldnt matter where you mount them. i am personally putting them where the oem ones belong. seems like you worked it out. what temp. did you get?

10. FinestGTS

those are my kits.

11. topher

topher Well-Known Member

6,000 K

12. Hydrolikz

Hydrolikz Well-Known Member

Hey finest I didn't forget about you, I have to get my bumper fixed before I get the kit from you :wink:

13. FinestGTS

ok cool

14. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

quick question...were you able to disable the DRL ?

15. FinestGTS

i just leave them on still no real DRL deactivation method :(

16. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

sorry new to HIDs,
    but doesnt that shortens the life of the bulb by any chance

17. FinestGTS

no and yes, when ever you have a blub on your shorten its life right. well hids are rated at usually 3000+ hours so i use my car 1.5hrs a day so you do the math. my bulbs would go out after about 5 to 6years and i think i wouldn't really worry about it by then :)

18. topher

topher Well-Known Member

yeah that and i dont drive at night all that often! so i just unplug them when i dont need them! that and i drive about an hour a day total maybe! so yep yep!

19. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

i have mine hooked up to a relay and its connected to my parking lights, so that when i turn on my parking lights my hid's come on. i have no drl's anymore because of this and i also cant use my parking lights with out my headlights being on. thats the goods and bads.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

i want HID's.