GReddy Ti-C//2nd thoughts

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by delphium_, Mar 1, 2008.

1. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

So i re-edited this thread,

I was planning on ordering my GReddy Ti-C on Tuesday when it was in stock, but i've been spending weeks looking for more info and what not, i stumbled across this video
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=a1gszIRuRE8

This is the muffler:
    [​IMG]

i absolutely fell in love with the deep tone, and figured well i mean for 900 bucks it must be good. then i got a reply that said it was just a universal muffler. i was also wondering hmm thats probably stock piping too, if i can get a muffler like that i'd get it rather then the greddy, i'd just have to take it to a muffler shop and get it custom piped and fitted to be a bolt on..

Do you guys have any advice?

2. blacksheep818

blacksheep818 Well-Known Member

3. delphium_

I did search! i guess i didn't look at the old ones, :cry: sorry

4. tikki

tikki Well-Known Member

tat has one. and there is this aussie guy too with the ti's.

ordered mine about a month ago but no news yet. :(

5. delphium_

i hear ya, everyones on back order
    i found a site that has them for 340.
    but on backorder aswell

6. tikki

tikki Well-Known Member

lolz. thats where i ordered mine. :D

7. delphium_

Advanced speed?
    :0

their not going to be availiable for a while =/

8. delphium_

BUMP!!
    re-edited my thread please read
    thank you

9. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

ok heres the deal.. you can get a custom exhaust ( I have one) but there a prob... its not dyno proven to give you performance.. it might even hurt your performance.. the thing with injen exhaust and greddy exhausts they are dyno proven to give you performance gains.. I got a custom cat back I think I got 4 Wheel HP from it.. I think.. might even be less.. I never did a baseline on my lancer so i cant say for sure.. hell it might not have even helped me at all it might be the intake and the pulley that gave me the extra HP.. good product isnt cheap and cheap product isnt good.. bottom line you get what u pay for.. dont buy a muffler and get custom piping and expect it to perform as well as the $900 header back exhaust..

hope this helps

BigSteve

10. delphium_

hahahaah thanks big steve.
    and naw i don't expect it at all to preform as well as the new SES straight pipe.
    but i mean, even 1hp is worth it to me :D

11. BigSteve

weight reduction helps too.. i dont have a spare tire-jack ro any of that BS in my trunk.. weight loss helps.. hell im even on a diet!

12. BigSteve

i need to save up the money, I really want that SES header back with the RRM header.. that would be a nice set up.

13. delphium_

Hell yeah!!
    i tip my hat to the ones who work hard to afford the SES not the little 19yr olds who ask their parents.

&&seriously who needs a jack when you get 5 yr roadside service warranty.
    flat tire?! c'mooooooooooon AAA :D

14. crypto

crypto Well-Known Member

send me an email. I have agreed that anyone who emails me during the pre-order stages of the SES exhaust, will be given the discount for an indefinite amount of time. So start saving your cash, and when you have the money just let me know. Even if it is a year from now, i will still give you the pre-order discount

you gotta email me now though, so i can keep you on file
    david@speedcorps.com

8)

15. BigSteve

im 18, i pay for my car and insurance.. all the mods i paid for.. i dont ask mommy and daddy for their visa... thats not how i roll.. that what im saaying if i get a flat "knock on wood I dont" Ill use the 5 yr road side assistance.. and when i get it to mitsu ill buy a normal tire.. I dont wanna ride around on a dounut.

16. BigSteve

email sent david.. it doesnt cost any money to pre order does it? its just basically you putting my name on a list and nothing more, right?

17. BigSteve

the new sES looks almost like a straight pipe.. but it has a cat.. but damn.. there no bends at all... i cant wait for a vid.

18. crypto

crypto Well-Known Member

correct, you won't have to pay anything upfront. Just the discounted price when it comes time to actually order the exhaust.
    We don't make our customers pay money for no good reason. I'd rather you save it for more important stuff......*cough* faster car *cough*

19. delphium_

Back to topic please? :roll:

20. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Do what you feel is best man. Both are good quality products so you can't go wrong with any of them.