Got a question about Mitsu service intervals

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by WildBill, Aug 1, 2007.

1. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

Got a few questions that I was hoping someone could answer...

1) What does Mitsu/the owners manual recommend for the mileage service intervals for the new Lancer?
    2) What is a general price range that people have seen/paid for major service intervals for the few if any that have gotten that far? I know I will be asking for a price guide from all the local Mitsu dealers for there big service intervals to see who has the best deals.
    3) Does the new Lancer use conventional or synthetic motor oil?
    4) Since this will be my first "new" car, what do most of yall recommend for break-in procedures for the Lancer?
    5) With the highly likely possibility of a mid-range RA version with a smaller turbo being avaliable by the summer of next year, do you think it will REQUIRE high octane gas, or will it run just as fine with mid range or lower? (not sure what the old RA used to use...)

Thanks,

Bill

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

I haven't did any service to my car as of yet but all the info is in the owners manual.

My break-in period was just driving normal and drive it hard several times. So far so good.

3. 91talontsi

91talontsi Active Member

more than likely if its a turbo it will REQUIRE high octane gas. Even the old 1g eclipse/talon/laser that was turbo required premium. If the RA is turbo as expected it will require premium gas.

4. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

^ :?: