glowing door handles!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by steelhumm, Apr 21, 2008.

1. steelhumm

steelhumm Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sorry about the picture quality...my camera was on the wrong setting. but you get the idea :roll:

2. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

well, you just answered one of my questions :D

would you mind posting up a how-to?

good job...looks good

3. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

I think I've seen this Lancer somewhere else before... do I know you? :lol:

Looks good!

4. steelhumm

shut up...or I'll take you off my mod team :lol: :lol:

Sure I can post up a how to.

First you need to remove your door panel. Then peel back some of the clear plastic crap thats on the inside of the door...peel back enough so you can access the opening directly behind the door handle. Go back around to the outside of the door and clean the inside of the door handle with rubbing alchohol and let dry... then peel the backing off the adhesive behind the LED strip and stick it to the inside of the door handle. Make sure the end with the wires coming out is pointing towards the end of the handle that you are going to be fishing the wires through. I fished the wires through the hole in the handle right next to the nut (lift your handle and you will see the nut I am talking about) from there run the wire around the window track so that it doesn't get ripped out when you put the window down. After that it is up to you how to wire them. I wired them so that they come on with a switch. but some guys wire them so they come on with the interior lights...either way is easy to do. That's all there is to it!!!

I Work for Streetglow...So PM me and I can help you guys with anything .

5. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

that is pretty cool ill have to say how long did it take you>?

6. steelhumm

honestly it wouldn't be fair for me to judge the time. I've had the door panels off like 10 times now so I can pop em off in about a minute now. I also installed led's in the door pockets, under dash and under seat neons, some interior strobs and bunch of other interior glow stuff. In all I was out there for 7-8 hours.

I cheated on the install.

A few weeks ago when I replaced my door speakers and ran them to the amp I had run all new speaker wire into the doors, through the door jamb boot...it was a pita, but now I was able to use the stock speaker wires as a + and - wire for the lights I installed :wink: I just went behind the new headunit and took all the speaker wires from the stock speakers and ran them to the switch... quick and easy 8)

7. LuvMyLancer

You wouldn't dare :p Not after the pics I sent you :wink: :lol:

8. steelhumm

oh lord... people are gonna get the wrong idea now 8O 8O

9. Texas Aggie

sweet...i ran new speaker wire to my amp too. glad I can use the old wire for some lights...yay :)

10. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Sweet dude. How long have you been working for StreetGlow and could we get some stickers from you guys?

Jason, can you add StreetGlow to our vendors list?

11. Volder

Volder Well-Known Member

That looks damn nice!
    first time ive seen a mod like that.
    thumbs up m8!

12. steelhumm

I sent you a PM :wink:

13. LuvMyLancer

Nah, they won't.... :lol:

14. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

PM sent.

15. Texas Aggie

oh...but they will :D

16. steelhumm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

17. LuvMyLancer

:roll: Boys....

:lol:

18. bizzyd738

bizzyd738 Active Member

looks good bro, blue looks best wit ur lancer

19. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

now is this legal? I mean lights arnt shown an stuff but its still a glow. And also, blue is a cops light or wahtever so if ur driving aroudn iwth it u can get a fatty ticket aye?

20. steelhumm

most states laws are different. I know in NJ you cannot have blue visable from the front or back of the car..which these are not. I'm not planning on driving with them on anyway really.