Gas

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Redline1, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

After the mods of custom cat back, sri, pulley, what kinda gas would yall use. and also anyone thought of metanol injection, just saw an add for it so i was curious

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

/\ Do you even know what methanol injection is? Just curious, to know if you know, thats all.

3. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

I explained the gas thing in another forum thread. It was a long post so I aint gonna spend the time to repeat it. In summary, if you have not turbo/supercharged a stock engine, regardless or what vehicle it is, then you are wasting your money buying higher octane fuel. Only when the compression is altered or put under heavier stress should you considered a leaner and more additive enriched fuel.

This is especially true with what will be happening shortly. With the stock market falling and the ever present fear of the U.S. going into a resession (statistically proven and predicted), its not a matter of if but a matter of when REGULAR gas prices go to $5 to $6 a gallon. It's going to get interesting and ugly in a hurry by the end of this year...

Bill

4. blacksheep818

blacksheep818 Well-Known Member

i agree with bras

5. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Run 87 Octane until you have a way to start playing with the spark timing.

6. midunn

midunn Well-Known Member

I would use the same gas I use now which is the cheapest.

7. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

I was going to bring this up in another post but you guys beat me to it.

I was getting about 300 miles to the tank when I was using the automatic.

Once I figured out that driving with the shifters was so much better I'm getting like 200-250 to the tank. But I also have automatic start and I'll sometimes leave my car idling for 15-20 minutes to warm up.

I try to only use shell v-power gas. I will fill up with offbrand premium gas but I'll only put 10 dollar in until I can get to a shell station.

I am eager to hear the reponse of the fourms on this matter!

8. WildBill

O.K., since people won't take two minutes to search for my post in a previous thread that had the answer to this questions, I will repost it.

This converstation, for the most part, has been discussed here:

http://www.lancertuners.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=864&highlight=

Specifically I said:

So, whether you buy Walmart gas or Shell or Exxon or whom ever, it is essentially all the same gas.

Bill

9. blacksheep818

Wildbill i understand your post but he also asked about methanol injection which would have no effect on our cars since we dont have a turbo

10. bras_33

Thank you, blacksheep!!!

not necessarilly only a turbo but "forced induction" and that includes a supercharger, as well.

11. WildBill

There you go. I answered one half and you got the other. Sorry if I am coming across as a dick, I am just sick and annoyed easily right now. Stupid sinuses...

Bill

12. Redline1

i was just wondering about the water methoanl thing because i saw it in a mag so i was just curious thats all

13. blacksheep818

water methanol ? never heard of it

14. Redline1

me either just saw an add in import tuner

15. blacksheep818

try looking it up

16. bras_33

Unless you drive a nhra car or have high comp piston set up, this is done to boosted cars. Water methanol has an x% of water mixed with methanol. Basically its similar to no2 for na cars. nuff said. Please do a search, we are all on the internet so its right there.

17. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

The best thing to do is fill your tank up with 1/3 87 octane, 1/3 107 octane and then 1/3 methanol

ULL GET LAEK 40 HORSEPOWERZ FROM IT!

18. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

HMM i think i did it wrong,i put water then some methanol and my car wont start, what do i do?

19. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

you gotta pour water directly onto the pistons to get the entire process started.

20. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

aww OK IM ON IT, let me get my camera and ill do a how to! wanna come over and help me suba? wait ill text you about it then pm you to make sure you got my text. :wink: