front license plates

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by mogdarr2, Apr 16, 2008.

1. mogdarr2

mogdarr2 New Member

hi, i live here in southern cali, and recently a few friends of mine (not lancer owners) have been ticketed for not having a front license plate. now most cops wont do that unless you do something else stupid to attract attention(wich my friends did). but now im freaking out thinking im next cuz i dont have mine on. my question- is it legal here in california to have your front license plate on the side like the new evo(i have a new 08 gts)? i like the look of it like that and found a kit to put it on that way on ebay. no need to reply here for small question. email me at zamora13@sbcglobal.net thanks guys and gals.

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

3. BiG_YeLlOw

BiG_YeLlOw Well-Known Member

thats something stupid....
    here in the island the cops are giving tickets for having HID and for having the fog lights on...
    well i really don`t care about the cops...
    F them...!!!! :twisted:

4. bras_33

thats how it is in California. Be careful what you say about cops.

5. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

a cop question about not having a plate in front when i got into a fender bender last august...he just gave me a verbal warning, so i ended up getting an evo liscense plate holder when the evo came out...it wasnt a perfect fit, but i manage to trim it to make it fit...

6. Sollis

Sollis Active Member

I figure it best not to start another thread since it pertains to this topic.

I just got my plates (a part of me hoped for 1 plate but i knew better) and when I bought my car it didn't come with a front plate mount nor was I asked if I wanted to have one installed.
    My question is does anyone know if I have the right to get a free mount installed by the dealership be it either the standard front mount or if I buy the evo style mount on ebay?

7. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

i got one suggestion...you can put it behind the lower grill ive seen somebody do it before

8. bras_33

ask your dealer and find out what they say.

9. 08CustomLancer

08CustomLancer Well-Known Member

i cant find the CT law about this.
    my aunts G6 doesnt have a front plate spot and she has never gotten a ticket. my luck i will if i dont have a space for it. i need to know about this before i get my lancer

thanks for helping

10. 08SilverES90

08SilverES90 Well-Known Member

hey mogdarr
    welcome dude, i live in anaheim too.
    what color lancer do you have/ maybe i've seen you around

about the license plate, i dont think it's illegal with the license plate on the side, i zip tied mine to the bottom grill on the side and i havent been pulled over for it yet. although my car doesnt have anything stupid to attract attention

11. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

i don't understand y u cant just look around... if other people in ur state have a license plate, then yes u need a front license plate... if u go to NJ/NY u'll notice ALL cars have license plates on the front (that are from those states) if u come to FL u'll see that ALL cars don't have a front license plate... so y is it so hard to just look around, and if other cars in cali have front license plate, then u need one too...? this is just mind boggling to me

12. mogdarr2

mogdarr2 New Member

your an idiot, sorry to say, no duh about what you said, but whats mind boggling to me is how people can talk crap when they dont even read the question correctly. i know its the law to have a front plate, my question is- is it legal to have it on the side in cali like the evo?!!![/quote]

13. RedGalant2k1

RedGalant2k1 Well-Known Member

If the license plate mount is to the side as designed by the vehicle manufacturer its perfectly legal to be mounted to the side. The only requirement is that its mounted on the front and rear of the vehicle in a clearly visible manner.

14. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

[/quote]

hahahaha rofl he told you!