FREE TIRES FROM MITSU DEALER

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by blkdout1, Feb 2, 2009.

1. blkdout1

blkdout1 Well-Known Member

I have a 2008 gts with 18's my car came with Dunlops, I had 16,000 on my odometer when it happened, my tires started making weird noises so I took it to Mitsu, they looked up in a service thread that the Dunloip tires only for the 18's were made incorrect for the Lancers, they do not support the weight correctly and mess up the "traction controll" thats what they told me. If you have 18s and Dunlops and want actual good tires Go to Mitsu and tell them that your cat handles incorrecly like when you are driving 65 and over youR car usually pulls to the right like it feels like a huge gust of wind pushes you sidesways and then you have to Jerk the wheel to make it drive strait. When they test drive it even if they dont feel it they have to replace your tires fOR free because the Dunlops are incorrect. I got me some pirellis now.

So if you have 18s and Dunlops go get you some free tires!!!!

alSO THE dUNLOPS ARE NOT ON RECAL BUT SHOOT FREE TIRES ARE FREE TIRES WITH OUT ANY WEAR.

2. medic

medic Well-Known Member

great news! I think i'm gonna head over to the dealer cause these dunlops suck!

3. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

do you have the service number so the dealers can refer to it??

4. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Seriously.... I would like to have it as well. The more knowledge that I can walk into the service bay with, the better. I don't want to walk in there blind and them tell me that I am stupid and no such replacement exist. So, a service # would be awesome. I would like some free tires. Even though I have the Dunlops I have notice what you are refering to only every now and then.

5. medic

medic Well-Known Member

i get the same problem except mine seems to pull to the left... and i drive a lot of highway above 70mph.

6. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

so thats what it is huh? cuz ive been to some local shops trying to get my car aligned and everything but nothing has seemed to work. and i at about 18K miles right now!!!

7. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

10,500miles here and no problems with the car pulling or alignment or anything so far ....

8. medic

medic Well-Known Member

u have the dunlop sp5000's?

9. RicanLancer

RicanLancer Well-Known Member

lol I went to my dealership just last week and complained about the car pulling left when I'm going over 40. They checked the alignment and were dumbfounded cuz they couldn't find a problem. I'd like to have that service # also. That'd be great info to have when going back since they're clueless.

10. medic

medic Well-Known Member

When they replaced your tires... Did you have the tire and wheel replacement package? I'm just curious if that will make a difference. Besides the pull it looks like my tires are wearing a little funny too.

11. himgotscarf

himgotscarf Well-Known Member

i've had this problem since i bought the car, it got so bad that the tread on the outside of the tire was almost gone at 10k. If you can find the service number that would be awesome

12. blkdout1

for some reason I got the perlis now but my back passanger tires alignment is way off and they cant seem to fix it

13. blkdout1

Keffer Mitsu in Charlotte, NC Tom is service manager 1-866-648-6814

14. brian95638

brian95638 Well-Known Member

i called karmart at seattle burlington and they had no idea whats going on

15. blkdout1

tell them to pull up servicee threads and check about the Dunlop tires. the are the wrong fit for the lancer. Mitsu gave them the incorrect specs on our cars.

16. brian95638

brian95638 Well-Known Member

do u have like.. service code or something so they can look it up?? cuz they cant find any recalls or anything about it

17. blkdout1

I will try to call tomorrow they didnt give me a service ticket or anything. I will let you know or talle them to call tom at keffer mitsubushi in charlotte nc.

18. dive_junkie

dive_junkie Well-Known Member

I have this problem also. Mine has a tendency to pull to the right also. 2 days after getting from the dealer. Checked my tires ,they were fine. Couple days later TPMS kicks on . I pulled into a gas station and checked and they were indeed low. I filled all of them back to maximum tire pressure and 2 or 3 days later it was doing it again. I know it's not a slow leak cus all of the tires are losing the pressure. I will have to call the dealer on this one.

19. blkdout1

what tires do you have? and also what size rim?

20. dive_junkie

dive_junkie Well-Known Member

Stock GTS rims and dunlops(yuck dunlops)