Fontana Street Car Day April 26th

Discussion in 'RallyCross, AutoCross, Motorsports' started by dickmorgan, Apr 27, 2008.

1. dickmorgan

dickmorgan Member

Hey guys

Went to Fontana speedway yesterday, april 26th, Awesome day.....and i ran my fairly new 2008 lancer ES.

Only mod i have on it is RRM SRI.

Best run i did for the day was 17.005 @83 mph. Sad i know but it's my base comparision for when i start modding more.

track temp was 100+ degrees. BRUTAL head wind down the track, slowing cars down

2. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

3. dickmorgan

dickmorgan Member

sorry, i was too busy avoiding the heat, looking at cars going down the drag and trying to stay hydrated for pics

but i did meet.......Bras i think .....he told me about this website so i decided to check it out, i think my lancer caught his attention then he started talking to me about my car and products available lol

I'm also on evom.net, same name as here

4. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

5. evoracer

evoracer Well-Known Member

stick or cvt?

6. Arcanas

Arcanas Well-Known Member

what color? I've heard the different colors denote how fast you can go lol.

7. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

YUP!!! that was me...the other Lancer was doing constant 17.1, stock 5speed...The X was doing 14.3...glad you made it here

8. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

yea 17.00+ is about right depending on the driver.. I had my cat back and ran 17 all day.. now i got the SRI and pulley lets see what we come up with.

9. Nosboy

Nosboy Member

so mods are not doing anyting?

10. mezzedupdream

mezzedupdream Well-Known Member

well it was 100 degrees and headwind so I think it couldve been 16 something right?

11. bras_33

Keep in mind, the cars that were on the track in Fontana, CA are PZEV.

12. dickmorgan

dickmorgan Member

True that, wont be as fast as the FED models.

and as previously stated, track conditions weren't ideal so times for all cars were slightly slower

13. dickmorgan

dickmorgan Member

LIke the previous generation lancers, your not gonna get much from N/A mods, especially simple bolt-ons, if you want to see any real gains , going forced induction is the only way to go, sadly , i would assume most lancer owners cannot afford the RRM kit unless they save up or take out a loan :lol:

I'm not going to go mod crazy with N/A, just exhaust, maybe piggy....then i'm gonna start saving up for that turbo, slap it on when my warranty is towards it's end. considering i only have 1200 miles on the car, i still have 58,800 miles left to go on the warranty.

14. Arcanas

...I say screw the warranty ^_^

15. dickmorgan

dickmorgan Member

well yeah i can't really afford to pay for something if it breaks

Unless your willing to chip in money if i have to repair something that's voided by the warranty then i'll go right ahead and mod my car out to the max.

16. Arcanas

Money, no. Although all my friends are mechanics, two of whom work for Mitsu.

17. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

id say wait to the end of the warranty. for the major mods.

18. bras_33

"Build it, Race it, Break it, Build it again!!!!!!"

19. Arcanas

+1 lol. I like that motto...

You don't mind if I steal that, do you?