fixing up my car and needing some help.

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by bouchh, Jul 8, 2008.

1. bouchh

bouchh Member

im not a real big car parts person so i dont know too much about what i would need or have to add to make my 08 lancer faster without spending a ton of money on it right now... any suggestions?... parts and brands i should know about?

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

you can check the thread with the "9g Customizing" and basically the 9g section. There are plenty of suggestions on that thread.

3. Milagro

Milagro Well-Known Member

I'd actually try the "9g Performance" section, it may be more what you are looking for.

4. lordayne

lordayne Well-Known Member

First get the RRM SRI. Its like $200 and is a noticeable difference. Then you can get a cat back exhaust. I went with a custom built one as opposed to the "ones built for our car". It ends up being cheaper and still gets a noticeable difference. Talk to your local muffler shop. They should be able to help you out. With the exhaust I went with a wider pipe from the exhaust. The stock pipe is 2" in diameter, and I went with 2.5" You dont want to go to big as you want to keep back pressure. I paid $300 for my cat back. Some of the guys here change the underdrive pulley. This runs your important belts in the engine. They went with the RRM aluminum pulley which is lighter and therefore takes less energy to turn. I believe RRM came out with a new version of this recently. I have yet to get this. There is also an ECU piggy back also from RRM. This adds about 6hp and 6lbs torque. Not a huge difference for the price if you ask me. Those are just a few things you can check out. By the way RRM is Road Race Motorsports, they have a link on the left side at the bottom of the page. But remember, this car was not meant to be a racer. Its not the Evo. That is why it is not as fast as we may want it. Good luck.