Finally Ready to Upgrade

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by 2k8 ES, May 14, 2009.

1. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Hey everybody, I've had my 08 ES for about a year now and I love it but I want to do something different with it. I know I want tint and an inch or two lower but I'm having trouble deciding what else to do. It's a plain white ES with nothing done... yet.

Considering:
    30% side/rear tint, 50% front (state laws)
    1 inch lower? Haven't seen many pictures so I don't quite know how it looks.
    Wheels. Want to stay with 16's for cost but deciding on black 5-6 spoke or bronze multi
    Maybe blacking out tail lights.

What do you guys think?

2. aeoM

aeoM Member

Bumper blackout kit..thats the first thing i did on my car

3. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Welcome to LancerTuners. Sound like you're off to a good start for the mod list. Personally, I think bronze or a medium gold wheel on a white lancer looks great. I'm actually going to paint my wheels bronze here sometime soon. I think that almost any wheel Tenzo makes is availible in bronze..I was looking at 3 different wheels from them a few weeks ago. Keep us updated on any progress...

4. Mitsuman+03

Mitsuman+03 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site and good luck modding.
    Sounds like you have a goal ... now all you got to do is get there.

Good Luck !!

5. Cousy14

Cousy14 Well-Known Member

6. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the idea's guys. I think I'm starting out with tint and blacking out the tail lights. Cheapest first lol.

The RRM blackout kit looks cool but I don't know if I wanna pay that much especially if I'm getting the lights blacked out.

What do you guys think about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-200 ... ccessories

7. NeVitable

NeVitable Member

To be honest, I think it's a little on the tacky side. Unless you are going for a super flashy "hey look at my flashing lights" car, I would have to pass.

8. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Haha yeah I understand. I'm just looking through all the options right now and seeing which ones would look best together.

9. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

You should also try engine dress up, its a low cost option, about what you pay for the color or looks you want. The engine cover, valve cover and fuse box are plastic and a can of heat resistance spray paint will do the job. I did mine last year without the primer or the need of sand paper and is still look good, almost factory. Just make sure you clean them good with dishwashing detergent before painting. :drunken: :drunken:

10. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Nothing is better than suspension on an ES. Lowering springs, front strut bar, GTS rear sway bar, and rear strut bar will totally change the way the car drives. It will feel like an entire new car. A good start is the RRM suspension package and the RRM V2 Grip springs.

11. young_blood

young_blood Well-Known Member

I agree with papi, there are many things you can do at low cost. Like ralliart chrome on the front, black out front (check out the pasti-dip thread), Engine dress up by painting the cover and fuse box and such, debadging to make it look cleaner. I mean its all up to you and what your style is. Other than the low cost mods, I would go with the tint, what state are you in to where it has to be that light?

12. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Hmm that's a good idea. I might do that first, sounds easy enough and pretty cheap lol

I really want to get some lowering springs for sure but I don't have the money yet to get the RRM stuff. I'm heading up to college in August and I won't be driving much so maybe I'll get a job while I'm up there and pocket some extra cash.

I might debadge except for the back logo. I'm kind of attatched lol. I live in Ohio and (according to 1 site) I can have any tint on the sides and rear but 50% on winshield and I wanna say 70% on visor.

13. young_blood

young_blood Well-Known Member

Your allowed to tint your windshield????? I dont think its legal in Kansas. 70% visor sounds really weird. Mine is 5%

14. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Oh fml. I read it wrong. I'm allowed 50% on the front sides and any on the other windows. My bad.

http://www.tintlaws.com/

It also says for Kansas AS1... what's that? Lol I'm a noob to car customization.
    Also what's the Net and Film thing?

15. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

to what i know...you can tint your rear-side and rear windshield up to 5% and front-side up to 35%...i have this kind of setup and so far no problems from cops even though i have been pulled over a few times...

16. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Yeah according to some of my friend's you're allowed to have 35 front sides and anything around the back. I hope it's 35 anyway.. 50 wouldn't even be worth it.

17. Shadows

Shadows Well-Known Member

Welcome to L.T !!!

18. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Thanks!

19. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

If you look at your windshield 6 inches down on the left or right hand side, you will see an "AS1" with a small line. By your state law, no tint or decals that obstruct drivers view can come below that line.