fidanza flywheel

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by mpirklbauer, Jan 22, 2009.

1. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

Has anyone bought the fidanza flywheel or any experience with a lightweight flywheel.
    I´m think about to install it in comp. with the rrm pulley

2. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

It was never made. They needed 10 people to go in on a group buy to produce these, however they never got the ten people.

3. mpirklbauer

I don´t know how much work it is, to change it!
    Do you??

4. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

The install is easy in a manual tranny but time consuming. If you were to upgrade the clutch its best to do them both at the same time. Lightweight flywheels have had mixed results. Some show an increase, soome show a decrease. Basically there is a pro/con to having it.

5. mpirklbauer

Than I think I´ll only put on the RRM pulley.
    It´s done quick and if it won´t work as it should, there is not so much money and time wasted.

6. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

I think the RRM pulley is a good option at this time. I know for me a clutch upgrade is in my future, but not until I can burn the Shizznits out of the current clutch... :D

7. crypto

crypto Well-Known Member

fidanza flywheel never made it. We tried to get some people in on a buy but it didn't happen.
    They did make one for the Evo-X though. so that gives me hope they may still produce one for the lancer.

I know they have some clutch kits in the works

8. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

that's good to know the clutch kits are at least on the horizon.

If i stay the same power or go boost i know i'll want something better than our turd clutch we have now.

the flywheel, eh.......still not so pumped about that mod.

9. SeRious08

I'm curious how long my clutch will hold out with the turbo being installed :D

10. mpirklbauer

SeRious08, man I want your problems!! :mrgreen:

When are you going to start with the turbo??

11. SeRious08

I should have it in about 2 weeks. Will start the install early Feb. Just in time for all the show/race season starting in March.

12. mpirklbauer

nice, I´m thinking about to buy a house in USA, so I can turbo my car!

13. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Well the damn thing barely grabs anyways lol. I bet you that clutch will last awhile, but you'll get sick of it before the stock clutch gets sick of you.

i wanna see progress reports too. im madd jealous. slut

14. x32weezyx

x32weezyx Well-Known Member

bump...im thinking of purchasing this or either headers n highflow cat...i wanna kno the differnce a lightweight flywheel wood make otherwords pros n cons..plzz..xcpept instaed of an 8g like the original post im a 03 oz rally...