Fellas!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by BigSteve, Apr 7, 2008.

1. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

I need some advice.. me and my crew are gonna be going to the track in about 2 months or so.. currently I have the RRM SRI,pulley and a custom cat back..

I want to add the RRM piggy, header, and a high flow cat.. should that show some decent gains as far a quarter mile time.. will I also be able to "feel" and notice the gains these mods should produce?

2. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

just throwing out some numbers but i would guess a min of 10 HP gain. have you dynod your car with the parts you have yet?

3. BigSteve

yes 125/125 both hp and tq are equal

4. Texas Aggie

what was it before? i know someone posted it up somewhere

5. BigSteve

the RRM header produces 8WHP by its self... correct?

6. BigSteve

i never did a base line.

7. Texas Aggie

lol...i'm actually looking for that now

8. Texas Aggie

the RRM site said 8 to HP and torque on the dyno...i assume that is to the wheels.

9. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

10. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

to be honest ure not gun get much for gains unless u go turbo

11. Texas Aggie

or all motor...still trying to find a price to port, polish, replace pistons, crankshaft and stuff...i rather go all motor than turbo though...NA for me

12. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

With the piggy and header, yes you will notice a difference in a faster time and be able feel it. With the high flow cat, no. Its a waste of money and can actually cause you to lose hp. If you open up the exhaust too much you will lose the backpressure thats needed. RRM played around with different setups with numerous high-flow cats and couldn't get anything that was worth it. Call and talk to Brian or Rob and they can go in much more detail about it.

13. Payload

Payload Well-Known Member

i'd like to see some cam upgrades for the cars. Then it would be worth staying N/A because i should be able to get the sort of performance im after. Obviousley just a mild cam upgrade though because it still needs to be a daily driver. If i could get upto 200hp at the fly i'd be happy enough.. it would then be on par with the civic type R power wise.

14. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

^ +1

15. Texas Aggie

I sent an email to RRM about internals and they told me that after they get the turbo situated then they MAY look into internals. Just have to make sure the market is there

16. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

the best way to do that is just have a lot of people send emails to RRM about it :p, then they'd know lots of customers are interested =)

17. totalmajor

totalmajor Well-Known Member

yeah.. and jack the prices up like shit!

Cant wait to put down $3,000 for a 30hp turbokit!

18. KRU

KRU Well-Known Member

Hi Flow Cat.....HMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Well I have a hi flow cat that came with my SES by Injen and with both pieces from Injen(C.A.I & SES), Im sitting 138.6WHP.

I know ur a true RRM fan thru and thru and I mean no disrespect, but there is other product out there that surpasses RRM. No offence just another opinion and option.

19. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

Any company can set whatever price they feel there product is worth. Either put up the money or go another route. And if you pay for a $3,000 turbokit and only get 30hp out of it then IMO you paid to much....