factory amp bypass

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by playa213xx, Mar 26, 2008.

1. playa213xx

playa213xx Well-Known Member

alright KRU and Serious...i thought i knew it all but apparently not as much as i thought...i don't have the software to look it up but as far as i know our car's wiring diagram hasn't been updated on directtechs.com or the12volt.com so i'm wondering if you guys know which wire is the amp turn on for the rockford fosgate system. I put my flip screen in and i had to bypass the amp...it works but i lost my factory sub which im okay with but my speaks sound like shit...

2. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Did you use the Metra wire harness or splice into the factory harness?

3. playa213xx

metra harness of course...had to run a nine wire from the amp to my dvd player tho...tested all the wires on the amp for the speaker wires...found them and rerouted the wires...pain in the dick but it works...doesn't sound right tho..there is no amp integration harness that i know of for our car...somethin on autotoys.com tho for 150...never heard of one being that much tho

4. KRU

KRU Well-Known Member

The amp might turn on thru voltage sensing. Since there are no OE RCA's, then the input wires may also be used to turn on the amp. Once a signal gets to the amp and it senses the signal/voltage, it turns on. Same as most home audio powered subs.

I dont have the fosgate system but I will call my buddy at Scosche and see what they got and get back to you.

5. playa213xx

much apprecciated...thanks brotha

6. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing.

7. playa213xx

alright well don't waste your time any longer fellaz...just talked to metra support and apparently its a digital turn on for the amplifier. there is no 12v remote turn-on. The computer is what turns it on or somethin along those lines and the only way to do it is to bypass the amp until the integration harness comes out (not anytime soon from the way he explained it) :(