Extreme Dimension Front Fenders

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by Hydrolikz, May 29, 2008.

1. Hydrolikz

Hydrolikz Well-Known Member

Has anybody here installed the Extreme Dimensions front fenders? I'm looking into ordering them, but want to know ahead of time if the install is going to be a b!tch.

Thanks in advance.

2. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

Just as any other body kit pieces, you will need to do some minor to moderate modifications to make it fit right. If your lucky, they fit perfect and you can jump straight to painting.

I do recall a member here posting a project thread on the extreme dimensions fenders, but haven't seen any updates on that.

3. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

2 members have, KRU and 5th I believe so.

4. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

i made a thread about these fenders a while ago. I purchased them from speedcorps.

I have to say the quality of the fenders wen I got them were terrible, wavy as hell and warped to shit. No shop in my area would work on them, and the ones that said they would couldn't even give me a price due to the fact the quality was so bad they would have to do a lot of work on them to get out the imperfections. The wavyness was slight but as soon as u paint and clear coat, wen light hits it, it will look like shit, ED wouldn't even take them back, Speedcorps actually did me a favor and took them back personally, cause ED didn't want anything to do with them. I'm hoping I just got a bad batch, but as of right now, I refuse to buy from them again just for their crappy customer service.

5. kayla

kayla Member

I'm having the same problems with extreeme dimensions. Their customer service is terrible and they basicaly do nothing to help fix your problems, just a warning.

6. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up Kayla what was your issue body kit, or performance parts. I am just curious myself.

7. DVHopeful

DVHopeful Well-Known Member

i litterally just got mine in the mail today, the GT fenders. They are crap, they didnt even send the mesh grill that is supposed to go in them. They look like they need a lot of work. On the sheet of paper they send with it, they say that each part goes over a 10pt inspection. My Rear end they do.

8. kayla

kayla Member

I had never purchased a body kit before and I didn't really know a lot about them. I called extreme and asked the sales rep if it would fit on my car without any modifications and they told me it would. When the bumper came in the quality was poor. There were divots in the material and when we did a test fit it didn't line up on the car. There were gaps between the hood and bumper. It just didn't look good and it wasn't the product that I expected to get. When I called extreme to return it they wanted no part in helping me. I am still fighting with them now.

9. Bayurea

Bayurea Well-Known Member

yea u will never get the right fitment with fiberglass, if u ever want a body kit probably urethane is the best way to go , plus it last way longer then fiberglass.

10. firebretha

firebretha Well-Known Member

far from true.

the benefit between fiberglass and urethane is that urethane has extreme flex to it whereas fiberglass shatters under pressure so if you bomb hard down onto the street from an incline urethane will bounce back where as fiberglass will shatter.

poor quality makers are what make things fit or not, regardless of what material they use.

11. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

looks like a whole bunch of us including me have had bad stories of ED.

I really like some of their products, but with their crappy customer service...I will not be dealing with them ever again

12. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

+1 So true. In my opinion right now alot of vendors are just putting out what the market wants without a whole lot of R and D. There are a few that do and im glad to say some are our sponsors. No im not sucking up thank you. But until then its buyer beware i guess. I myself just purchased my GTS kit from my dealership. and it all fit good.

13. lancer08guy

lancer08guy Well-Known Member

i searched and didnt see it..but what about the autocityimports fenders..are they any good? a lil on the $$$ side (my opinion)

14. KRU

KRU Well-Known Member

what exactly do u need to know. Pm me and i will handle it for you. TY!