Exhaust

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Performance' started by timschoeliertm, Oct 15, 2009.

1. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

the only exhaust kits ive been able to find for my 03 lancer are on ebay
    i was wondering if anyone got there from ebay, which one, and if it was worth it or if they know on a better way or place to get one
    thanks

2. Mitsuman+03

Mitsuman+03 Well-Known Member

Re: Ehaust

ok... there is a bunch of places to get exhaust.
    but I did get my N1 off ebay... and it went on nice and easy.
    as for other places... just look around.

places like raceinspired.com... racelab.com... sportcompactonly.com
    there are just a few... but RRM also has stuff that is good for our cars.
    like I have there racing cat..

3. timschoeliertm

does it sound nice too?
    im really trying to avoid sounding like one of those faggot honda kids haha

4. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I too also bought mine off of ebay, and have got nothing but compliments on it. It's a nice deep tone, and not too loud. It's loud, but not so loud you'll get looked at by cops or anything. Well, I haven't. I've had mine for about a year now, and it still sounds the same as when I bought it. No rust or anything yet, and I have nothing but good things to say about it.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  5. killerdragonoz

killerdragonoz Well-Known Member

I have OBX header and high flow cat from ebay, my muffler is from Aerospeed got it from a local shop

6. Mitsuman+03

I like the sound of mine... it gets really loud in the high rpms but hey the engine is working hard.
    After that I threw on a racing cat and it got even deeper sound ... which is even sweeter.

7. ThunderOZ

ThunderOZ Well-Known Member

I had a friend with one of the N1 catbacks off ebay. I think his was like 200 shipped. It sounded really good, nice tone but not too loud.

8. Mitsuman+03

yea... mine was just over 200 buck shipped.
    it was very easy and quick to install.
    once i got the silencer out it turned out to be the sound I was looking for.

9. swaylove_05

swaylove_05 Member

I got the Greddy Ti-C and i love the way it sounds quiet until you press the gas, then its a beautiful sound, but if you have headers... it may be a tad louder on idle. Still sounds nice. :D

10. timschoeliertm

but those also cost like 400 or 500, i dont really have that much money

11. swaylove_05

swaylove_05 Member

Ill have to ask my fiance which site he ordered it from... he got it for 300! which is still high - but well worth it when it comes to good performance and quality! But i do understand

12. ThunderOZ

ThunderOZ Well-Known Member

Well honestly, you really aren't going to see much of a performance gain between exhausts...

13. timschoeliertm

thats what i thought, im pretty sure the greddy is like 2.25" whide, while most ebays are 2.5s, and cheaper

14. Seifer780

Seifer780 Active Member

I have to ask, does the exhaust modification widen the powerband a little more? It's annoying needing to be at 3,500 RPMs before feeling any kind of pull.

15. timschoeliertm

i dont have one yet, but i doubt it, just they way the 4g93 is

16. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Still looking at getting an exhaust?

17. timschoeliertm

yeah, money thing is whats holding me back

18. HiPowerMtrsprts

HiPowerMtrsprts Well-Known Member

please dont go ebay. if you do then at least buy a name brand one on ebay and be careful because people call us all the time and tell us the horror stories of ebay products and how they destroyed their cars...
    check us out too we got tons of exhausts in stock

19. ozrallyredeptx456

ozrallyredeptx456 Active Member

You could go to like a proformance shop and ask? We have a speed factory here and alot of my friends go there and i taked to the guys and they said they"d make a custom HKS exhaust system for my lancer for 600

20. davidlanceres

davidlanceres Well-Known Member

I bought my catback on ebay for $200 shipped. It's a Tsudo exhaust. Sounds really good and has held up for almost 3 years now no problems. Speedcorps.com also sells catbacks for our cars.